Saturday, December 9, 2017

Almond Snickerdoodles #ChristmasCookies

Image may contain: food

This is the final day of #ChristmasCookies.  This has been such a wonderful and fun week.  I want to give a big shout out to Ellen of Family Around the Table for all of her hard work that made this event such a success.  

Image may contain: indoor

I also want to thank our sponsor Nielsen-Massey who are hosting a generous giveaway for our readers.  Today is the last day to enter.  You will find the entry form at the bottom of this post.

All opinions in this blog are my own.  I have received no monetary compensation for this post and while I did receive product for this event, said product was not used for these particular cookies being shared today.


The final cookie I am sharing with you today is the quintessential classic, the Snickerdoodle.  These particular Snickerdoodles have been adapted to include both almond flour and almond flavoring.  I did this for two reasons. 1. I love almonds and 2. The cookie exchange that I'm attending this afternoon has a category for "A" cookies, those cookies beginning with the letter A.


I loved the addition of almond to these cinnamon spiced, tender cookies.  I think that I will always be making my Snickerdoodles as Almond Snickerdoodles henceforth.  

The rules called for the "A" cookies to be plated separately on a plain paper plate with no markings so that they could be part of a blind taste test.


A selection of the remainder of the cookies made this week were then placed onto a tray to be used for the main exchange.  I am able to share my Double Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies, Chocolate Chip Mint Cookies, Frosted Egg Nog Cookies and Grandma Lily's Thumbprints.  I was unable to share my Peppermint Shortbreads because that deliciousness was gone in 2 days!!!!  They are being made again before Christmas, for sure!



Almond Snickerdoodles

2 sticks butter, softened
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1/4 c. milk
1 t. vanilla
1 t. almond extract
2 3/4 c. flour
1 c. almond flour
1 t. baking powder
2 t. cinnamon
Cinnamon Sugar for rolling (6 T. sugar + 3 T. cinnamon)

Combine flour, almond flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl.  Set aside.

Beat butter in large bowl of stand mixer, fitted with paddle attachment, until creamy.  Gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy.  Add eggs, milk, vanilla and almond extract.  Reduce speed and gradually stir in the flour mixture.  Increase speed and mix well.

Roll the dough into 1" balls.  Then roll the balls in cinnamon sugar.  Place on baking sheets lined with parchment or a silicone mat.  Flatten the cookies slightly by pressing down with your fingers.

Bake in a preheated 375* oven for 10-12 minutes, until lightly browned around the edges.  Cool on wire racks.  Print Recipe

The Final Christmas Cookies

6 comments:

  1. Snickerdoodles are a favorite in my house! I'll have to try your almond version. Thanks for joining in this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pizzelles are always a favorite with friends and family :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, I have never made them. I think perhaps you meant to post this on another page.

      Delete
  3. I do indeed want to try the Almond cookies, thank you <3

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.