Friday, September 15, 2017

Grilled Mediterranean Shrimp Skewers #FishFridayFoodies

It's finally Friday Folks and the third Friday of the month at that.....you know what that means?  Yep, it is time for Fish Friday Foodies.


Fish Friday Foodies is a group I started a couple of years ago in an attempt to gather more fish/seafood recipes that would appeal to my husband and allow me to add more seafood dishes to our diet.  We post our recipes on the 3rd Friday of each month based on a theme chosen by one of our members.  

New members are always welcome.  Should you be interested in joining us just leave a comment on this post or email me at wendyklik1517@gmail.com with your blog url and I will add you to this fun bunch. Next months theme is Fish/Seafood Pasta.......


This month, I am hosting and chose the theme of Grilled Fish/Seafood.  It is still grilling season here in Michigan for a few more weeks and I intend to get as much grilling in as possible.


I marinated the shrimp in a lemon/olive oil mixture flavored with garlic and herbs. Refrigerated them for an hour before placing them onto skewers to grill.  I made 10 shrimp per person, you can use more or less depending on the size of your shrimp.  You will want 4-6 oz. of shrimp per person.


The shrimp only take minutes to cook, about 2-3 minutes per side, as soon as they turn pink remove them from the heat.


These shrimp were juicy, tender and delicious.  The flavors were bright and wonderful.  I paired the shrimp with a rustic pasta primavera with a spice arrabiata sauce.  They complemented each other perfectly.


Frank and I enjoyed a quiet dinner at home after a busy, stressful week.  We toasted to his health, happy that medical science can so quickly and easily heal a broken heart, or at least a clogged artery.


Make sure you stop by and see what everyone else is grilling up this month.  You will find links to all the others following my recipe.

Grilled Mediterranean Shrimp Skewers
serves 2

8-10 oz. shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 T.dried Italian Herbs
1/4 c. good olive oil
juice of 2 small lemons
salt and pepper to taste

Whisk together the garlic, herbs, olive oil and lemon juice.  Pour over shrimp, toss to coat, cover and refrigerate for an hour.

Remove from refrigerator and thread half of the shrimp onto 2 metal skewers or wooden skewer that have been soaked in water while the shrimp was marinading.  

Cook over high heat for 6-8 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time, until shrimp turn pink.  Print Recipe

More Great Grilled Fish and Seafood Recipes

14 comments:

  1. I love marinated shrimp, and grilling just makes them so wonderful! Thanks for hosting such a perfect theme! P~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has it really been two years? Thanks so much for this wonderful group. I'm so happy Frank is doing well too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. It is a great group. I'm happy so many wonderful bloggers joined in.

      Delete
  3. Looks delicious! What a great way to grill shrimp! So much flavor! Thanks for hosting this months event and it's good news that Frank has recovered and healed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just looking at your marinade, I know those shrimp must taste fabulous, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea, and seeing as we have shrimp readily available here, I'll have to try this recipe. Glad Frank is healing nicely. Hearts are scary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is nothing better than shrimp on the barbie. These look and sound delicious and I know our family is going to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this recipe so much I included it in my #Celebrate365 Grilling Bucket List: https://www.cornbeanspigskids.com/2018/06/grilling-bucket-list.html. Thanks again for linking it up!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.