Saturday, September 30, 2017

Good Bye Apples, Hello Pumpkins and the Weekly Menu

Wow, what a great celebration we had with #AppleWeek.  We shared over 100 apple recipes all week long!  I love this event and am looking forward to it, once again, next year.


We aren't letting any grass grow under our feet though....we are going right into #PumpkinWeek and will be sharing 5 glorious, wonderful days of Pumpkin recipes.  I am starting with donuts, followed by a savory lasagna on Tuesday.  Wednesday look forward to a cheesecake recipe, followed by some cookies and I will finish up with a wonderful stew that I think you are going to love.

So that is what will be going on with the blog but what about life itself?  Well, tonight we are invited to have dinner with the Case's (Tingting's friend, Charlie's parents). I am bringing dessert.

Tomorrow, we are hosting a dinner party for some of our friends, before the Green's take off  for warmer climates.

Other than that, it will be a typical week.  We are finally going to have to close up the pool.  It looks like Fall officially arrived along with October.



I am still trying to clear out the freezer and pantry so our Weekly menu will reflect that.  I pulled out some leftover Sloppy Joes that were in the freezer from a summer party.  It will be featured in the tacos that I am sharing tomorrow for Sunday Supper.

We are going to continue to get our daily walks in.  I am excited that the weather has cooled down a bit for this.  Other than that, no plans at all......I love when that happens!!

Please stop by and visit during the week.  I promise you are going to be loving all the Pumpkin recipes you will find.

The Weekly Menu


Saturday
Dinner at the Case's

Sunday-Dinner Party
Charcuterie Board
White Fish Bisque
Roasted Pear and Cranberry Salad
City Chicken
Meatballs in Mushroom Gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Buttered Corn
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Pumpkin Praline Cheese Cake

Meatless Monday
Pumpkin Lasagna

Toddler Tuesday
Baked Coconut Chicken Strips
Tater Tots
Carrots

Wednesday
Pot Roast

Thursday
Hot Beef Sandwiches (with leftover Pot Roast)

Friday
Pumpkin and Fish Stew


3 comments:

  1. Wendy any way I can get an invite to AppleWeek so I'm on the list for next year's notifications? Every year I see this go by and am bummed I missed it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebekah, are you a member of Festive Foodies? I will send you an invitation. They have all kinds of events, including Apple Week. You need only join those that interest you.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.