Saturday, December 3, 2016

Weekly Menu for the First Week of Advent




Happy Advent everyone.  It is a time of great anticipation as we ready the way for the Lord.  We start our preparations by decorating for Christmas. The first item to be displayed is the Advent Wreath. This comes out on the first day of Advent which is always the 4th Sunday before Christmas.

Image result for st nicholas day

The remaining decorations follow shortly thereafter so that all is ready in time for the Christmas season. In this household, that season begins on December 6th with St. Nicholas Day and ends on January 6th with the Epiphany.

Image result for epiphany


Frank is finishing up the cabinets on either side of the fireplace.   Stay tuned for those photos.  We hope to get both the inside and outside decorations complete before St. Nicholas Day but need to have it completed by next weekend when Santa arrives to have lunch with all the littles in the family.

Today, we have our annual Dive Shop Christmas gathering.  We all bring a dish to pass...I have been baking my heart out in the 12 Days of #ChristmasCookies event so that is what we will be bringing to the table.  Tingting is dropping Mel off with us after her gymnastics class.

Tomorrow morning we will be singing at Mass.  Tomorrow afternoon is slated for the outdoor decorations.

Monday during the day we will finish the outside and start the inside decorations.  Nicole and Pierre are having the Klik family over for a holiday dinner.  I was asked to bring Deviled Eggs and I am also bringing an appetizer to pass.

Tuesday we will continue the inside decorations before going to Amy and Doug's for our annual St. Nicholas Day celebration.  I will be posting more about this later in the week.  I am bringing a cookie platter, using some more of the cookies I am sharing all week long.

By Wednesday, our decorating should be complete and I can start concentrating on the upcoming parties that we are planning.   On Friday, we are having our first dinner party of the season.

So here is the Weekly Menu.  Please stop by each day as we post our updates on the house, decorations, recipes and photos.

Soup Saturday
Turkey Frame Soup (using turkey frame from Thanksgiving)

Sunday Supper
Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
Salad

Monday
Dinner at Nic and Pierre's

Tuesday
Dinner at Amy and Doug's

Wednesday
Leftover Turkey Soup
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Thursday
Dinner out before Choir

Friday-Dinner Party with friends
Shrimp wrapped in Basil Leaves
Mom Klik's Mushroom Soup
Chopped Salad
Prime Rib Roast
Fully Loaded Stuffed Potatoes
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Creme Brulee


3 comments:

  1. A very busy week for you. I am finished with my decorating. No outside lights this year (or maybe never again as that was Richard's thing, not mine) I need wreaths for the front door yet. And I want to start baking cookies. You have inspired me, lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do bake some cookies....it makes the season so much sweeter...LOL

      Delete
    2. You are right! Even if it makes me 'so much fatter'. LOL

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.