Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Sweet Milk Dinner Rolls #BreadBakers

Welcome once again to Bread Bakers. #BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here.

This month's host with the most is Stacy of Food Lust People Love.  Stacy is also the fearless leader of this group and our #BundtBakers group which will be posting on Thursday.  Stay tuned for that. Today, however, we are sharing Sweetened Yeast Breads.  With it being the holidays, my first thought was my Grandma's Raisin Bread or a Christmas Stollen  but I have shared both of those with you in the past.

I was hosting a dinner party last Friday night and decided to make these Sweet Milk Dinner Rolls that I found from Taste of Home. 



The recipe was for 16 rolls.  They would have been gigantic. This may have been because I needed to add about 3/4 cup more flour then called for in the original recipe.  I ended up making 22 rolls from the dough.  I baked half to serve at my dinner party and put the others into the freezer to use for this Friday evening's dinner party.

I don't know why they have those light spots on them.  Perhaps from the flour that I turned them onto for cutting.  These rolls were lightly sweet and absolutely delicious.  My husband thought they were the best dinner rolls I have ever made.  Don't forget to visit the other wonderful bread recipes being offered today.  You will find links following my recipe.

                                                         BreadBakers

Sweet Milk Dinner Rolls
adapted from Taste of Home

1 pkg. Active dry yeast
2 c. warm whole milk (110-115*)
1/2 c. sugar
2 T. butter, melted
1 t. salt
3 c. bread flour
2-3 c. all purpose flour

Dissolve yeast in warm milk in large bowl of stand mixer fitted with the dough hook.  Add the sugar, butter, salt and bread flour.  Beat until smooth. Add enough of the all purpose flour to form a soft dough.  Knead at medium speed for 6 minutes.  Place into a greased bowl, turning the dough ball to cover all sides.  Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.

Punch down the dough, turn it onto a floured surface and divide into 22 even pieces.  Shape each piece into a ball and place 2" apart on a baking sheet covered in parchment. If freezing place baking sheet in freezer until dough balls are hardened.  They can then be transferred to a freezer bag until ready for use. When ready to use, defrost and continue with next step.

Cover and let rise in a warm spot until doubled, about 30 minutes.  Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.  Print Recipe

More Sweetened Yeast Breads



21 comments:

  1. These sound delicious, Wendy. I'm with you, I'd need to freeze some too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious. I could eat quite of few of those, with lots of butter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound scrumptious! Nothing like fresh rolls with dinner. Glad Frank loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those sweet dinner rolls look so perfectly made. Nothing like a warm dinner roll with butter -- hmmm yumm..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the simplicity of this recipe and they look delicious! I find that a lot of rolls are huge when made according to their original recipes and often make them smaller too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Wendy, the rolls look fabulous- perfectly round and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Yes, I just got finished baking up those I froze for tonight's dinner party.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful sweet rolls, great to have it for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did enjoy the leftovers for breakfast the next day Sneha.

      Delete
  9. Bread made with milk is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look delicious and perfectly shaped!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.