It is time again to celebrate a National Holiday recognizing a food. In the month of may we celebrate the All American Hamburger but that doesn't mean that the hamburger recipes we share will necessarily be American recipes. Our bloggers are going to be sharing their favorite version of this great sandwich....they may or may not contain meat, they may be traditional or they may be unique. One thing is certain, they are sure to be delicious.
I decided to create a burger using some of the sponsor products that I have been lucky enough to receive for other events in which I am involved. I used some Smoked Fig Not Ketchup that I was gifted for participating in #HotSummerEats which is going to be happening the first of next month. I topped my burgers with a wonderful Cheddar Cheese from Cabot Creamery that I was gifted for participating in #BrunchWeek 2015 which is going on right now.
I use ground beef that I purchase from a local farmer who also happens to be a friend. They raise their cattle humanely and hormone free. I topped the burgers with bacon made from hogs that I raise myself. My hogs are raised humanely and hormone free with no unnecessary antibiotics. Hamburgers are one of our favorite summertime meals and I prefer handmade patties however when I have the butcher process my beef I do have a certain amount of pre made patties prepared because they are great to have on hand for unexpected company or those nights when you forgot to take anything out for dinner. They go straight from the freezer to the grill.
For this event I hand made the patties seasoning them prior to forming them. I sauteed up some onions and had all the toppings ready for when the burgers came off the grill. I also fried up some homemade potato chips to have alongside the burgers.
Sweet and Smoky Bacon Cheddar Burger
2 lbs. Ground Beef
1 T. Montreal Seasoning
1/4 c. Smoked Fig Not Ketchup
6 slices bacon, fried crisp
6 slices cheddar cheese (I used Cabot)
6 Hamburger Buns ( I used onion buns)
Desired toppings: pickles, onions, lettuce, tomato, condiments, etc.
Combine ground beef, seasoning and Not Ketchup in large bowl. Form into 6 patties. Grill over med high heat until desired temperature. Top each with a slice of cheddar cheese and a slice of bacon that has been cut in half. Serve with desired condiments and toppings. Print Recipe
Let's find out what burgers the others are sharing this month
- Cheeseburger in Paradise by The Freshman Cook
- French Onion Burgers by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Frita Cubana (Cuban Hamburger) by Tara's Multicultural Table
- Guacamole Bacon Burger by Fearlessly Creative Mammas
- Maw-Maw's Hamburger Surprise by Cooking With Carlee
- Mushroom Veggie Burgers with Roasted Tomato Mayo by The Joyful Foodie
- Pineapple and Bacon Burgers with Candied Jalapeños by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Spiced Lamb Burgers with Pomegranate Chutney and Mint-Pistachio Pesto by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sweet and Smoky Bacon Cheddar Burger by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Thai Turkey Burgers with Siracha Mayo by Our Good Life
- Western Bacon Burgers with BBQ Mayo and Crispy Onion Straws by Making Miracles
- Zucchini-wrapped Cheesy Pea Burgers by Food Lust People Love
Foodie Extravaganza is where we celebrate obscure food holidays or cook and bake together with the same ingredient or theme each month. This month we celebrate National Hamburger Month by
Posting day is always the first Wednesday of each month. If you are a blogger and would like to participate in the next Foodie Extravaganza, just go to our Facebook page to join. We would love to have you!
Follow our Foodie Extravaganza Pinterest board for past events and more deliciousness!