Sunday, May 31, 2015

Easy Rhubarb Crumble for #SundaySupper

Our challenge for this week's Sunday Supper, chosen by TR of Gluten Free Crumbly, was to share a recipe that uses 5 ingredients or less.  I had gotten a pile of rhubarb from my friends, John and Kirsten, so I knew that I wanted to make a dish that incorporated some of it before I put the rest in the freezer.


This recipe is quick to assemble and beautiful to serve.  You can add a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream to fancy it up a bit if you like.


Thank you TR for choosing such a wonderful topic for the week's Sunday Supper.

Rhubarb Crumble

6 stalks of  rhubarb, sliced into 1/2" moons
1 1/4 c. flour, divided
1 1/4 c.  cinnamon sugar, divided
3/4 c. old fashioned oats
6 T.  cold butter, cut into tablespoon portions
pinch of salt

Toss rhubarb with 3/4 c. flour, 3/4 c. sugar, salt and the cinnamon.  Place into an 8" square baking pan.  Place remaining flour, sugar, oats and the butter into a food processor and pulse briefly 3 or 4 times to create a large crumble.  Pour over the top of the rhubarb and bake in a preheated 375* oven until browned a bubbly, approx. 45 minutes.

Take a look at what the other's brought to the table today


Drinks
Appetizers and Snacks
Main Dish
Side Dish
Desserts


Sunday Supper MovementJoin the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.


Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.

22 comments:

  1. Me too Renee.....Love easy peasy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have a stash of rhubarb in my fridge---a crumble sounds like the perfect way to eat it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love crumbles and rhubarb! This recipe is a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I have so much rhubarb and I need to make this with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We aren't much into dessert eating here. Richard would have loved this though. He loved Rhubarb. My sister grows it in her yard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It grows like weeds too so I'm sure she is always trying to shove some your way Paula.

      Delete
  6. Confession: I've always been intimidated by rhubarb. But you have opened the door to do-ability to one of my husband's desserts - rhubarb pie. (After the crumble, I can translated it to pie, right?) Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't be intimidated. It is just like any other fruit just use a little more sugar than with other fruit because it can be very tart.

      Delete
  7. Can't wait until my rhubarb is ready. I love a crumble!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhubarb season is in full swing here Tara so I'm sure it will be ready for you soon.

      Delete
  8. I've never had rhubarb except maybe in a Strawberry Rhubarb pie when I was younger. Your crumble looks comforting, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We eat it for a couple of months each Spring. By the time the season is over you are happy to wait until next year to enjoy it again.

      Delete
  9. I'm a big rhubarb fan! This looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love rhubarb and now that mine is growing I can't wait to use it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think one of the reasons we love it so much is because it is such a short season.

      Delete
  11. I haven't made a crumble in forever! I need to give your a try :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.