I decided to go the easy route and just toss all my rocky road ingredients into a boxed cake mix, put it into a bundt pan and hope for the best.....
Well? What do you think? This is how it looked when I pulled it from the oven. You can see the marshmallows peeking through.
Then I held my breath and turned it out onto the cooling rack. Perfection!!
Keeping with the "It's beautiful outside and I don't want to spend this gorgeous day in the kitchen" theme, I continued with the easy peasy by opening up a jar each of marshmallow and hot fudge ice cream topping and poured them over the cake once it cooled. Sprinkled the top with nuts, mini chocolate chips and mini marshmallows and Voila....
The next test was cutting a slice and seeing if the ingredients all sank to the bottom (top) of the cake or if they stayed scattered througout. Here is what I found..... Well, you can't win them all. The marshmallows melted right into the cake along with the chocolate chips and the dried cherries are dark also so they don't stand out but...... The tastes were all there. The cake was moist and delicous and presented beautifully.
What a great theme Laura.....THANKS!!
Rocky Road Bundt Cake
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 c. water
1/3 c. canola oil
1/2 c. miniature chocolate chips plus extra for garnish
1 c. miniature marshmallows plus extra for garnish
1/2 c. dried cherries
1/4 c. coarsley chopped pecans
1/4 c. marshmallow ice cream topping
1/4 c. hot fudge ice cream topping
In large bowl combine cake mix, eggs, water and oil with a mixer set on low speed until moistened and then on med speed for two minutes. Stir in the chocolate chips, marshmallows and cherries. Pour into a Bundt pan that has been treated with baking spray and bake in a preheated 350* oven for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the thickest part of the cake removes cleanly.
Cool in pan on baking rack for 10 minutes. Invert the pan, releasing the cake to the rack and cool completely. When cake is completely cooled transfer to a serving platter and drizzle with the marshmallow and hot fudge toppings that have been heated in the microwave. Sprinkle with nuts and additional chocolate chips and marshmallows. Print Recipe
Take a look at what we all baked up for you this month
- Almond, Blueberry & White Chocolate Rocky Road Bundt by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Biscoff & Chocolate Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Spice Roots
- Blueberry Pecan Cocoa Ripple Cake by Magnolia Days
- Brownie Style Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Basic N Delicious
- Cheery Cherry Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Our Good Life
- Cherry Chocolate Walnut Bundt by Noshing with the Nolands
- Chocolate Toffee Rocky Road Bundt Cake by The Chef Next Door
- Chocolate Chip Bundt with Rocky Road Topping by Baking & Creating with Avril
- Culture Confusion Rocky Road Bundt by Food Lust People Love
- Fantasy Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Los Chatos Chefs
- Elvis on a Rocky Road Bundt by It's Yummi
- Marshmallow Drenched Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Making Miracles
- Mini Rocky Road Bundts with Marshmallow Frosting by Passion Kneaded
- Nutty Chocolate Banana Bundt Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Not Just For Ice Cream Rocky Road Bundt by Tea and Scones
- Rock n' Roll Rocky Road Bundt by Living the Gourmet
- Rocky Road Bundt Cake by I Love Bundt Cakes
- Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Kids and Chic
- Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Liv For Cake
- Rocky Road Bundt Cake with Marshmallow Glaze by Brooklyn Homemaker
- Rocky Road Fudge Bundt Cake by La Cocina De Aisha
- Rum Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Adventures in All Things Food
- S'more Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Baking in Pyjamas
- Strawberry Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Toasted Chocolate Almond Bundt Cake by Eat, Drink and Be Mighty
- Triple Chocolate Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Simply Veggies