Thursday, February 14, 2019

Pasta with Wine Herb Sauce #ImprovCookingChallenge

This quick and easy dish is perfect for those days when you walk into the house starving after a long day without any idea of what you are making for dinner.


I'm taking part in the Improv Cooking Challenge......


Most months when Nichole of Cookaholic Wife give us our ingredients for Improv Cooking Challenge there is really not a lot of improvisation going on.  I look at the ingredients and I research and plan what I will make.

cover photo, No photo description available.

But this month was different.  This month I really did improvise.  We had been up north for a Wine Tasting dinner.  We got home just in time to pick the teen up from school.  She had a doctor appointment so Frank took her to that so I could get dinner going.

I opened the refrigerator and saw a bag of leftover Long Noodles from our Chinese New Year Longevity soup.  There were also some mushrooms that needed to be used up and a glug of Pinot Grigio left in the bottle.

That is when I recalled that the ingredients for this month's challenge were wine and Italian seasoning.  


I put the mushrooms in a skillet with some butter and diced shallots.  I seasoned with salt, pepper and some dried Italian herb blend.  When the mushrooms were browned, I added a half cup of wine to deglaze the pan.  


As the wine reduced and cooked off, I added the tomatoes and let them cook until they started to burst.  I added a little bit of vegetable broth to the mixture and let it heat through.


I added the pasta to the skillet with a little extra virgin olive oil.  Cook and stir until heated through and dinner is served.  It took less that 15 minutes using the leftover pasta from the refrigerator.



Let's take a look at what the others cooked up using Wine and Italian Seasoning.......



pasta, #whitewine, #herbs, #mushrooms, tomatoes,
Pasta, Entrees, Vegetarian, Meatless
Italian Fusion
Yield: 4 servingsPin it

Pasta with White Wine Herb Sauce

prep time: 5 minscook time: 15 minstotal time: 20 mins
This quick and easy dish is perfect for those days when you walk into the house starving after a long day without any idea of what you are making for dinner.

ingredients:

  • 1 lb. pasta, cooked per package directions
  • 3 T. butter
  • 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
  • 1 shallot, diced
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 t. dried Italian seasoning, crushed
  • 1/2 c. dry white wine
  • 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
  • 1/2 c. vegetable broth
  • 1 T. olive oil
  • Parmesan Cheese for serving

instructions:

  1. Melt butter in a skillet over med high heat.  Add the mushrooms and shallot.  Season with salt, pepper and Italian herbs.  Cook until mushrooms shrink and shallots are tender.
  2. Add the wine.  Cook and stir, scraping up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pan until liquid is reduced by half.   Stir in the tomatoes and vegetable broth.  Cook and stir until tomatoes start to burst.
  3. Add the olive oil and pasta.  Cook until pasta is coated and heated through.  
  4. Transfer to serving plates and top with shaved Parmesan cheese.
Created using The Recipes Generator









No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.