It's time for the Fantastical Food Fight.......
Sarah, over at Fantastical Sharing of Recipes, invites us each month to create the best recipe we can based on a theme or ingredient. This month's ingredient is Mint Chocolate. YUM!!! You can learn all about how to join in the fun at this post.
Inlinkz Link Party
I had all kinds of grand plans for this month...then we started the bathroom remodel....and, of course, it took longer than anticipated. This fight got put on the back burner, so to speak. With the bell about to ring, I jumped into action and began punching around my cupboards to see what I could make.
I found a baggie full of Candy Kisses leftover from Christmas baking and a box containing one sleeve of Ritz crackers. I always have pure peppermint extract on hand. I was good to go.
These took longer to set up than they did to make.
While Frank was picking up the Teen and a friend from school on Valentine's Day, I removed these from the refrigerator to a tray. They were gone within minutes of them arriving home.
#chocolate, #mint, #snacks, #easy, #quick, #crackers, #candy, #cookies,
Desserts, Candy, Cookies, Snacks
Yield: 1 dozenPin it
Have an extra 10 minutes? Surprise your family with these easy peasy morsels of chocolate mint goodness
- 40 milk chocolate kiss candies
- 12 buttery crackers (I used Ritz)
- 2-3 drops pure peppermint extract
- Unwrap the kisses and place into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, stir, and microwave in 5 second increments, stirring after each , until melted and smooth.
- Stir in the peppermint extract.
- Dredge each cracker in the chocolate, removing with a fork and placing onto a cooling rack placed over a baking sheet.
- Place in the refrigerator until candy coating hardens. Store at room temperature.
Property of A Day in the Life on the Farm
Created using The Recipes Generator