Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Sausage and Cinnamon Roll Muffins #CrazyIngredientChallenge

Welcome to this month's edition of Crazy Ingredient Challenge, a fun little group led by Kelly of Passion Kneaded and Lori of Lori's Culinary Creations.  It is kind of like the Chopped of the blogging world.  Two ingredients are chosen by vote each month and the members of the group are sent to create the best recipe they can using said ingredients.

No automatic alt text available.

This month's ingredients are Breakfast Sausage and Cinnamon. Pretty easy ingredients to incorporate.  I was looking forward to making a savory dish, perhaps something Asian but then I went on vacation during the month.

Luckily, I was staying at my brother's house so I did have access to a kitchen and was able to make the recipes for 3 blog posts while I was there, including this one.

I took over the kitchen on a Saturday, making these tasty little "muffins" for breakfast before we headed out for a day of sightseeing and a lunch date with a friend.  I filled the crockpot with Chicken Cacciatore before we headed out to serve along with Fish Vera Cruz for a family dinner of about 20 people that evening.

That family dinner is one of the reasons I chose to make this challenge an easy peasy one.  Not to worry though, it is still very tasty and the perfect breakfast to hand your family as they are walking out the door on a busy day.


I simply browned up some pork sausage, flattened refrigerated cinnamon rolls and rolled the sausage up inside.  I had originally thought to just bake them like that but then I thought perhaps they would be more aesthetically pleasing as Monkey Bread.  Unfortunately there was no bundt pan available.


So instead, I cut each individually wrapped sausage into thirds and placed them into a muffin tin.  Then I baked them according to the package directions.


They were simple and delicious.  They make a compact, complete meal in themselves or they would be perfect served with a plate of tender scrambled eggs.  Whether you grab one as you walk out the door or have a leisurely weekend breakfast with family, these little treats are sure to be a huge hit.


Sausage and Cinnamon Roll Muffins

8 breakfast link sausage, cooked (I used pork)
1 pkg. refrigerated cinnamon rolls with frosting included

Remove the cinnamon rolls from the package and flatten with the palm of your hand.  Place a sausage on top of each and roll the cinnamon roll around the sausage.  Cut each into thirds, placing them into the cups of a muffin pan.  Bake per package instructions (400* oven for 15-20 minutes).  Remove from oven and spread with the frosting.  Let cool slightly before serving.  Print Recipe

More Breakfast Sausage and Cinnamon Creations






4 comments:

  1. WENDY!! So simple and yet so incredibly amazing. I definitely want to try these - and I like the idea of them as muffins over a Bundt anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try these!! I wanted to do cinnamon rolls so badly. I still have some links left so I will whip the dough and make it happen. Can't get canned cinnamon rolls here.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.