I'm not big on the red carpet but I am big on parties for any reason whatsoever so I jumped right into this event.
I love serving up many different flavors and textures when setting up an appetizer buffet. I also like to have a selection of hot and cold items. Cooked and raw. With plenty from which to choose whether my guests be carnivores, vegetarians or vegans. I never want to leave any of my guests without something that they will enjoy.
Today, I am sharing some Tempura Chicken Nuggets. These crunchy little nugget fry up in a flash and will be gone before you know it.
I served these up with a store bought sweet and sour dipping sauce. They were gone in a hot minute and left me wishing I had doubled the recipe. You can make these in nuggets or strips. You can use the same batter for veggies and fish as well as chicken.
Enjoy these and all the other Fancy Finger Foods that you find linked at the bottom of this page while watching the red carpet event next week. These Chicken Nuggets are also great served up for dinner with a side of steamed rice and some stir fry veggies. This recipe will serve 4 as an entrée.
Tempura Chicken Nuggets
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. cornstarch
1 c. club soda
salt and pepper to taste
peanut oil for frying
Combine the flour, cornstarch, club soda, egg, salt and pepper mixing until combined but some lumps remain. Add the chicken and stir to coat.
Heat a few inches of oil in a large wok until shimmering (approx. 350*). Cook the battered chicken, in batches, without overcrowding until golden brown and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per batch. Print Recipe
Fancy Finger Foods for Awards Show Parties
Best Meat Finger Food
- Blini with Smoked Salmon (of Gravlax) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Crab Stuffed Pastry Cups by Our Good Life
- Greek Shrimp Skewers by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Jerk Shrimp & Avocado Bites by Books n’ Cooks
- Mini Fried Chicken and Waffles by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Tempura Chicken Nuggets by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Visual Effects in a Veggie Finger Food
- Butternut Squash Squares by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mushroom Chevre Crostini by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus with Boursin by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Stuffed Cheese Puffs by The Freshman Cook
- Vegetarian Stuffed Mushroom Recipe by Sunday Supper Movement