Thursday, April 20, 2017

Strawberry Margarita Bundt #BundtBakers

Sometimes I'm lucky and am able to cover 3 events with one post.  That is not the case today.  Three events.  Three desserts.  Three posts. Each one just as delicious and exciting as the next.  You will see that I have already posted a Banana and Coconut Cream Pie for Improv Cooking Challenge and a Carrot Cheesecake for Crazy Ingredient Challenge.  Both were creamy and delicious but this Strawberry Margarita Bundt Cake......it is mine and Frank's personal favorite.

Our friend, Patricia, from Patty's Cake, is hosting this month's Bundt Bakers event and has chosen the theme "Cocktails".  YUM!!!  Patricia left it up to us whether we wanted to add actual alcohol to our recipe.  You know me...Pass the Tequila!


I knew, as soon as I heard the theme, that I was going to go with Strawberry Margarita.  This is because I had a jar of homemade Strawberry/Tequila jam that our son, Anthony, had made for us and I knew it would be the perfect glaze for this cake.


This was one of the desserts I offered up after Easter Dinner.  It was a great addition to our table and the best part.....it was easy peasy!  I started with a boxed cake mix, substituted packaged Strawberry Margarita Mix and Tequila for the water and baked it up. You could easily make this non alcoholic by using a full cup of Margarita mix and deleting the Tequila and substituting plain strawberry jam for the Strawberry/Tequila jam that I used. 


When the cake was cooled, I melted the entire jar of Strawberry/ Tequila jam and poured it over the cake.  Now, if you are not fortunate enough to have a son that provides you with Strawberry/Tequila jam you can just use 8 oz of Strawberry Jam.


I served it up with a dollop of whipped cream and a cute little Easter cookie.  It was a great ending to a perfect Easter feast.

Strawberry Margarita Cake
1 box yellow cake mix
3/4 c. strawberry margarita mix
1/4 c. tequila
3 eggs
1/3 c. canola oil
8 oz. Strawberry/Tequila jam

Place all ingredients into large bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment.  Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.  Pour into a bundt pan that has been liberally treated with baking spray.  Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 35-37 minutes, until a skewer inserted removes cleanly.  Remove to a rack and allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing the cake from the pan onto the cooling rack.
When cake is cooled completely, place onto a cake platter.  Melt the jam in a small saucepan over low heat and drizzle over the top and down the sides of the cake.  Print Recipe



More Fun "Cocktail" Bundt Cakes

BundtBakers

#BundtBakers is a group of bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bundts with a common ingredient or theme. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient.

You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about #BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.

12 comments:

  1. You just can't beat recipes like this - so pretty, company worthy, not a headache to make, and delicious!! Love the way you served them up with the bunny cookies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowww!! strawberry tequila jam!!!! That sounds amazing!!! Thank you for your participation!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a wonderful gift Patricia. Thanks for hosting.

      Delete
  3. I'm going to have to remember this cake for the beach this year...it would make the perfect breakfast alongside are actual strawberry margaritas! Vacation is all about being naughty after all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly have been a busy baker, and this cake looks amazing. I am going to have to go on a hunt for some strawberry-tequila jam so that I can make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will work just as well with plain strawberry jam for the glaze Felice.

      Delete
  5. This Bundt is oh my God delicious. I absolutely adore the theme this month but where the heck are all the members. It seems that less and less participate each month. I'm on the other side of that, I quite look forward to it and I appreciate all the input from our fab bakers.🐝💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always look forward to it too Bee. Life gets busy sometimes so hopefully they will join in again as they are able.

      Delete
  6. Strawberry tequila jam? You're indeed very lucky!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.