Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Join us as we watch The Martian #FoodnFlix

-

Please join me for this month's FoodnFlix.  I have chosen the film The Martian starring Matt Damon. You may not think that this is a foodie movie but I beg to differ....this movie is all about food.  The food needed for our survival each and every day.

Anyone is welcome to join.  If you are a blogger simply 
  •  Watch the chosen film for the month. Buy it, rent it, borrow it - matters not. Just set aside a couple of hours a month to sit back, relax, and be inspired! If you've seen it before, try watching it again with your "foodie" glasses on. 
  • Take note of food references. Physically or mentally. It could be food the characters are eating or cooking, food in the background, or food in the dialogue. But it could also just be something that brings food to your mind: a location, a sign, a play on words. There are no boundaries to inspiration. 
  • Make a recipe inspired by the movie and write a blog post about it. Be sure to include a recipe or tutorial and at least one photograph. Talk a little bit about the movie - why you enjoyed or disliked it (and note, it's okay to dislike the chosen movie and still participate). Talk about the food inspiration you found. The discussion is half of the fun - getting so many different opinions and thoughts on the same film.
  • Email your entries back to me at wendyklik1517@gmail.com with a cc to heather@foodnflixclub.com. Submissions should be sent no later than March 30th so that I can post the round up on March 31st.  Please include your name, recipe name, blog name and a link back to the post as well as a photo or permission for me to pull a photo from the post itself.
  • Include a link back to the Host's Announcement post and the Food 'n Flix website somewhere in your post. Use of logo is optional.
  • Not sure how to link back? Feel free to use this phrase in your post: Want to participate in Food 'n Flix? Check out this month's announcement post at http://adayinthelifeonthefarm.blogspot.com/ and drop by the Food 'n Flix site to learn more!
If you are not a blogger you can still watch the movie and then come back here on March 31st  when I will be posting a roundup of all the recipes that the bloggers were inspired to create.  

It is a great movie and I hope you all enjoy watching or rewatching the film with an eye to what it means to have to think about food not only as a pleasure but as a necessity.



17 comments:

  1. Yes, this movie is definitely about food! I can't wait to see what everybody comes up with this month. Thanks so much for being our host, Wendy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh fun! I loved The Martian. I think I may jump in on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy, such a great choice!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My post was going live on the 31st, but I see you want the round up on the 31st. I'll try to post on the 27th.

      Delete
  4. This is one of the movies I would like to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will like it Paula and it is currently showing for free on some of the cable channels.

      Delete
  5. Good morning. I have posted my review and link, sent it to your email.
    Great movie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've wanted to see this since it came out! Now I can watch it with a foodie mind (and pad and pencil in hand).

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.