Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Brain Booster Pancakes for #BreadBakers

Our host, Pavani, of Cook's Hideout, invited all of the Bread Bakers to make a "healthy" bread.  She left it up to the individual baker to decide what constituted a healthy bread.



As you are reading this post, I am on vacation visiting my brother and his family in California. I almost didn't participate this month because between the holidays and getting ready for vacation I wasn't sure I could fit in a bread making day as well.  Last Thursday, I was taking care of my Little Angel Face and decided to give her breakfast for lunch.  Grampy cooked up some bacon and I found this recipe for Brain Booster Pancakes at SuperHealthyKids.com.  Score!!!  I love when I can kill two birds with one stone and I really love that pancakes are considered a bread recipe.


These were quick to put together.  They are not a fluffy pancake but they are creamy tasting....not moist and not dense but still tasting creamy...I don't know how else to describe them.  They were very good and very filling and Melody LOVED them.


And so did Grampy.


And so will you!!

Brain Booster Pancakes
slightly adapted from SuperHealthyKids.com

1 1/4 c. almond milk
1 3/4 c. old fashioned oats
1/4 c. ground flaxseed
1 banana
1 T. honey
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 1/2 t. baking powder
2 eggs
1 T. coconut oil
blueberries

Place almond milk, oats, flaxseed, banana, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, eggs and coconut oil in a heavy duty blender.  Blend until oats are ground and mixture is well combined.

Heat griddle over med high heat.  Pour 1/4 c. batter onto the griddle for each pancake.  Add desired amount of blueberries onto each pancake while the first side cooks.  Let cook until golden brown about 2-3 minutes,flip and cook other side 2-3 minutes more.  Print Recipe

BreadBakers

#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely bread by following our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated after each event on the #BreadBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to foodlustpeoplelove@gmail.com.

31 comments:

  1. There are days when my brain definitely needs a boost and these pancakes look like a great way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Angel Face and Grampy are adorable!!! In need a brain boost too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm feeling smarter already just reading the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Little Angel and Grampy are enjoying these brain booster pancakes.. great recipe Wendy !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful pancakes that are healthy too!! The combination sounds perfect for breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pancakes look amazing, so healthy and so delicious. My kids would love these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! I'm teaching my kids how to make pancakes this week too

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE pancakes for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Love the addition of oats in them too! Hope you are enjoying the time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pancakes sound delicious and it sure looks like everyone loved them too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's what I need right now a brain boosting pancake. Too much changes happening in my life. So maybe should relax on Sunday with these pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can use all the brain boosting I can get...and if it means eating pancakes, I think I'm alright with that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love pancakes, so I definitely need to make these! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for healthy pancakes. I have made paleo ones in the past that were amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to be able to sneak good nutrition into your family isn't it Laura?

      Delete
  14. I need a brain boost for sure. These look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for this recipe, my kids love pancakes!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.