As you are reading this post, I am on vacation visiting my brother and his family in California. I almost didn't participate this month because between the holidays and getting ready for vacation I wasn't sure I could fit in a bread making day as well. Last Thursday, I was taking care of my Little Angel Face and decided to give her breakfast for lunch. Grampy cooked up some bacon and I found this recipe for Brain Booster Pancakes at SuperHealthyKids.com. Score!!! I love when I can kill two birds with one stone and I really love that pancakes are considered a bread recipe.
These were quick to put together. They are not a fluffy pancake but they are creamy tasting....not moist and not dense but still tasting creamy...I don't know how else to describe them. They were very good and very filling and Melody LOVED them.
And so did Grampy.
And so will you!!
Brain Booster Pancakes
slightly adapted from SuperHealthyKids.com
1 1/4 c. almond milk
1 3/4 c. old fashioned oats
1/4 c. ground flaxseed
1 T. honey
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1 T. coconut oil
Place almond milk, oats, flaxseed, banana, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, eggs and coconut oil in a heavy duty blender. Blend until oats are ground and mixture is well combined.
Heat griddle over med high heat. Pour 1/4 c. batter onto the griddle for each pancake. Add desired amount of blueberries onto each pancake while the first side cooks. Let cook until golden brown about 2-3 minutes,flip and cook other side 2-3 minutes more. Print Recipe
- Amaranth Flatbread from Mayuri's Jikoni
- Beet Rye Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Blueberry Almond Bread from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Brain Booster Pancakes from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chocolate Banana Flax Almond Meal Muffins from Spill the Spices
- Eggless Whole Wheat Brioche Buns from Gayathri's Cook Spot
- Grain-free Nutty Carrot Flatbread from A Baker's House
- Healthier Applesauce Spice Bread from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Healthy Whole Grain Bread from The Bread She Bakes
- Honey Almond Brioche from Kidsandchic
- Honey Oatmeal Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Multigrain Pesto Swirl Bread from Herbivore Cucina
- Oatmeal Crispbread (Oatmeal Knäckebröd) from Baking Sense
- Organic Honey Whole Grain Bread from Hostess At Heart
- Quick Whole Wheat Bread from Ambrosia
- Spiced Besani Paratha from Sneha's Recipe
- Sprouted Wheat Bread from Palatable Pastime
- Sweet Potato Bread with Honey from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Sweet Potato Millet Bread from The Schizo Chef
- Ten Grain No Knead Bread from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Whole Wheat Carrot Apple Walnut Quickbread from A Salad For All Seasons
- Whole Wheat White Bean Bread from Cooks Hideout
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely bread by following our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated after each event on the #BreadBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to email@example.com.