Tuesday, December 15, 2015

A Tisket, A Tasket, Let's put it in a Basket for #handcraftededibles

This is the last week for Handcrafted Edibles, the brainchild of Cam from Culinary Adventures with Camilla.  Cam wanted to make all of her holiday gifts this year and invited several of us to join in and share our ideas with each other and with you so that we could all follow her lead.  Not only does it save us money but it lets the recipients know how important they really are when they receive a gift made with love.

Since this started I have shared with you my Rib Rub, Spiced Cashews, Flavored Mocha Mix, Citrusy Cocktail Onions, Jalapeno Jam, Spiced Apples, Peach Jalapeno Cheese Spread, Nut Brittle, Fruit and Nut Clusters, and Fairy Drops.  Today's theme is all about wrapping and presenting your Handcrafted Edibles.



This week, the final week, we are wrapping it up. Literally. It's all about how to package up those hand-crafted edibles, or holiday gifts in general.


One of the things I like to do is buy Christmas napkins after Christmas when they go on sale.  Then when the following Christmas rolls around you can line a basket with the napkins and they can be part of the gift.  In this instance I filled the napkin lined basket with some specialty crackers, a jar of my homemade jalapeno jelly and some cream cheese so that they could make their own Jalapeno Cheese Spread.   You could also include seasonal spreaders and serving bowls that you can pick up inexpensively after Christmas as well.

That's a wrap!!  Let's take a look at  a couple more ideas........

Don't forget to check out our #handcraftededibles pinterest board.

8 comments:

  1. I love the idea of planning ahead for the next year by picking items like baskets, spreaders, bowls, etc. up after Christmas this year. I need to plan ahead like that - maybe I'll try this year. :) I really need to make that jelly - I'm so curious what it tastes like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please let me know what you think of it when you do Rebekah.

      Delete
  2. What a great idea! I, too, buy things right after Christmas for the following year. I never thought to use Christmas linens in baskets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I use kitchen towels or pot holders but I like the napkins the best.

      Delete
  3. Great idea and after holidays is a great time to save on such items.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our family exchanges goodie baskets or bags every year, and our idea about getting napkins is new to me. You're right, napkins are the nicest. Merry Christmas to you and all your family, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.