"Sometimes it’s nice to be naughty! Choose one of these directions for your Bundt this month. For "Naughty” think boozy or things like Devil’s Food Cake. "Nice” Bundts can be of the more traditional, innocent kind — Gingerbread, Peppermint, etc. Naughty or Nice, all Bundts should share the flavors of a WINTER HOLIDAY. Happy Holidays!!"I decided to do a little bit of both so used some gingerbread kahlua in a chocolate cake and added some pumpkin pie spice to oomph it up a bit.
I was happy when a google search for Kahlua cake popped back with my friend Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake and a recipe for Kahlua Bundt Cake that she had made for another of our groups, Sunday Supper.
I did adapt Liz's recipe. I used a triple chocolate cake mix that included chocolate chips so I didn't have to add them. I used Gingerbread Kahlua instead of plain and I added some pumpkin pie spice mix to the batter. It turned out delicious. Thanks Liv for picking this great theme and thanks Liz for posting this great recipe.
Chocolate Gingerbread Bundt Cake
adapted from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
1 pkg Triple Chocolate pudding in the cake, cake mix
1/2 c. Gingerbread Kahlua
1 t. pumpkin pie spice mix
1/4 c. canola oil
1 (16 oz) carton sour cream
Beat together all ingredients and pour into a bundt pan that has been sprayed with baking spray. Place in a preheated 350* oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted removes cleanly. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan placed on a cooling rack, before turning out onto the rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving. Print Recipe
More Naughty and Nice Offerings:
- Amaretto Almond Bundt Cake by I Bake He Shoots
- Angel Food Bundt Cake with Cranberry Filling and Lemon Glaze by Taking On Magazines
- Anise Bundt Cake by I Love Bundt Cakes
- Bundtcake Especiado by La mejor manera de hacer...
- Candy Cane Bundt by Cali's Cuisine
- Cherry Chocolate Bundt Cake by Basic N Delicious
- Chocolate Gingerbread Bundt Cake by How to Philosophize with Cake
- Christmas Fruitcake by Tea and Scones
- Christmas Rose Bundt Cake by Living the Gourmet
- Cranberry Spice Bundt Cake by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Eggnog Pound Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Chocolate Gingerbread Bundts with Cream Cheese Frosting by I Camp In My Kitchen
- Hot Buttered Rum Bundt by Food Lust People Love
- Maple Pecan Cake by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Naughty and Nice Kahlua Gingerbread Bundt Cake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Old Fashioned Marble Cake Bundt by Brooklyn Homemaker
- Peppermint Candy Cane Bundt Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Rum & Eggnog Bundt Cake by Liv for Cake
- Spiced Fruitcake by Magnolia Days
- Spiced Ginger Bundt Cake with Caramel Brandy Sauce by All That's Left Are The Crumbs
- Spiced Rum Eggnog Bundt Cake by Making Miracles
- Sugar, Spice, and Everything Nice Cake by Eat, Drink, Be Mighty
- Super Naughty Chocolate Whiskey Bacon Jam Bundt Cake by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite A Whiskered Accomplice
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving Bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest Board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers can be found on our homepage.