Thursday, May 7, 2015

Bacci Bread Pudding for #BrunchWeek 2015

BrunchWeek 2015 Logo


Welcome to the third annual #BrunchWeek hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Shaina from Take A Bite Out Of Boca. We are so excited to have you join us this year! Celebrate Brunch with us this week as we prepare for Mother's Day. 30 Bloggers from around the country will showcase their best brunch dishes, from cocktails to casseroles, breakfast breads, sandwiches and salads - there is something for everyone!

What a great week so far!! We have been introduced to some great recipes and reacquainted with recipes that we used to love and got set aside.  This is an amazing group that Terri and Shaina put together so make sure you check out all their links below to see what scrumptious dishes they cooked up for you today.

Today I am revisiting a few of our sponsors that I told you about earlier in the week, Bob's Red Mill, Dixie Crystals and Woot Froot and introducing another sponsor Nielsen-Massey.  All of these companies provided us with products that we could choose to use or not in our recipes for this week.  I chose to use them but please know that all opinions in my blog are 100% mine and 100% honest.  Further, please know that I would never share a product with you that I was not completely happy with. But don't just take my word for it, hop over to our introduction page and look at what they are offering to you, our readers.

I am happy to present this recipe that I made using leftover Bacci Bread.  For those of you wondering what the heck Bacci Bread is take a look back at my submission for this month's #BreadBakers challenge and you will see it is a delicious, eggy, raisin bread that I made from an old family recipe.


I had a loaf of Bacci Bread left from Easter.
I cubed it and placed it in a 9x13" baking pan coated with cooking spray.
Peeled and Diced a package of Pears from Woot Froot and scattered them amongst the bread.
Combined eggs, cream, cinnamon and nutmeg and poured over the bread mixture.
Covered with plastic wrap and placed it in the refrigerator overnight.


In the morning I made a streusel of Bob's Red Mill Old Fashioned Oats, brown sugar and butter.
Sprinkled the streusel over the bread mixture and baked at 375 for 40 minutes.


Until it was puffed and golden brown.


Scooped it into a shallow bowl and topped it with pure Maple Syrup.
Delicious!!

Bacci Bread Pudding

1 loaf Bacci Bread (or any dense, egg bread), cubed into bite size pieces
1 pkg. Woot Froot sliced pears, peeled and diced (or 1 pear, peeled and diced)
6 eggs
2 cups light cream
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
1 t. vanilla (I used Nielsen-Massy)

Spray a 9x13" baking pan with cooking spray.  Combine bread and pear and place in treated pan. In a bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over bread and fruit.  Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.

6 T. butter
1/2 c. Bob's Red Mill Old Fashioned Oats (or your favorite brand)
1/2 c. brown sugar (I used Dixie Crystals)

Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse several times.  Sprinkle over soaked bread mixture.  Preheat oven to 375*.  Bake bread pudding for 35-40 minutes until puffy and golden brown.  Serve with warmed pure maple syrup.  Print Recipe

Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Bob’s Red Mill, Cabot Creamery Cooperative, California Walnuts, Dixie Crystals, Grimmway Farms/Cal-Organic/True Juice, KitchenAid, Le Creuset, Nielsen-Massey Vanillas, Pacari Chocolate, Stonyfield Organic, Vidalia Onions, and Woot Froot for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek. All opinions are my own.

Come see what today's #BrunchWeek Bloggers have made!


BrunchWeek Beverages:
Grape Mojito from The Spiffy Cookie.

BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
Caramelized Onion, Kale, Bacon and Cheddar Strata from Love and Confections.
Kale and Toasted Quinoa Egg White Scramble from Take A Bite Out Of Boca.
Breakfast Enchiladas from Cooking in Stilettos
Croque Madame Breakfast Casserole from Bread Booze Bacon.
Rainbow Chard and Cheddar Cheese Frittata from My Catholic Kitchen.

BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
Perfect French Toast from Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine.
Oat Breakfast Cookies from Pink Cake Plate.
Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancakes with Spiced Pear Syrup from The Redhead Baker.
Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake Muffins from Making Miracles.
Classic Buttermilk Pancakes from That Skinny Chick Can Bake.
Bacci Bread and Pear Pudding from A Day in the Life on the Farm.
Pear Coffee Cake and Fruit & Cheese Salad from Sew You Think You Can Cook.

BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
Waldorf Quinoa Chicken Salad from Cupcake & Kale Chips.

BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
Chilled Strawberry Soup from The Suburban Soapbox

BrunchWeek Desserts:
Orange Blossom Olive Oil Cake with Mango Citrus Glaze from Taste Cook Sip.
Walnut Meringue Banana Mess from Jane's Adventures in Dinner.

11 comments:

  1. Oh this looks so comforting and delish! Bread pudding is one of my absolute favorites. Love that you added pears to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to make bread pudding for brunch! It never occurred to me but it is really just like baked French toast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is exactly the same thing Erin.....delicious regardless of what you call it.

      Delete
  3. YUM! Bread pudding is one of my favorite desserts. I've never even thought about it for brunch, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS- I didn't see Erin's comment before I posted. She and I keep having the same thoughts about today's recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love bread pudding and your oat streusel topped version looks marvelous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum! I love that you added the pears in here.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.