Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Color of Heaven

We had quite the fiasco again yesterday with the pigs.  Suffice it to say they are still here with us and we have hired a transport guy to come and get them and take them to the processor on Sunday.  That is all I have to say about that except that last night Frank said we are never raising pigs again.  Of course, this morning he changed it to "if we raise pigs again we have to.......".  So I am not sure if we are getting pigs this summer or not.  Stay tuned folks......

I will also tell you that I was traumatized by the experience LOL.  Each time I would fall asleep last night I would dream about pigs and wake up all out of breath and anxious!!  Finally, around 3:30 am I gave up trying to sleep and finished the book I was reading.


This was an interesting book that would be great fodder for a book club as I can see some wonderful discussion coming about from it.  I didn't realize that it was part of a series of books and I am not dying to read any of the others in the series but I did enjoy the storyline and the characters.  I do believe in life after death and I know that there is a Heaven but I don't know if Heaven will be as it is portrayed in this novel.  Then again, perhaps that is the point, we don't know.

I am now starting Behind the Beautiful Forevers which was sent to me in the Books & Bloggers Swap .  Tracy loved this book and thought perhaps I would too so I am anxious to start it.

Cover image

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry about your experience with the pigs this year. Bet that ham will be extra tasty when you get it! That is what I got out of The Color of Heaven ...we just won't know until we get there what Heaven is going to be like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh Paula...it was hilarious and frustrating. Then we call to find someone to transport them for us and it is really reasonable so I guess we should have been paying for transport all these years LOL

      Delete
    2. It will be so much easier for you guys. Maybe not nearly as fun :)

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.