Friday, January 2, 2015

New Fish Friday Recipe

Today, for Fish Friday, I went into my large collection of cookbooks and grabbed "The Best of Martha Stewart; What to Have for Dinner".  This cookbook is in 4 sections, one for each season.  I turned to the Winter section and flipped through finding a delicious looking recipe for Halibut.  I didn't have any Halibut but I did have some Cod so I pulled that out of the freezer and I had all the other ingredients called for in the recipe except for anchovies so I left them out.


It turned out wonderful.  Frank is not  huge Fish fan unless it is fried but he went back for seconds of this Cod in Putanesca Sauce.  I will definitely be using this recipe again.



Cod in Putanesca Sauce
adapted from Halibut with Putanesca Sauce by Martha Stewart

4 Cod Fillets
1 (14.5) oz can diced tomatoes
3 T. Olive Oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, thinly sliced
10 Kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
2 T. capers, drained
1 t. chopped fresh Rosemary
salt and pepper to taste

In large saute pan, heat oil over med high heat.  Add garlic and cook until fragrant.  Add onion and cook until translucent about 4-5 minutes.  Add tomatoes with their juices, olives, caper, rosemary, salt and pepper.  Cook and stir for a few minutes, turn heat to med low and add cod fillets.  Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, turning cod after 10 minutes, until cod is thoroughly cooked and flakes easily with a fork.  Print Recipe

I am sharing this tasty, easy recipe at Small Victory Sunday.  You should head over there and share your victories from the week and help others celebrate theirs.
 photo 1663a56b-3496-473c-af0e-76ac9e52a2cb_zps66fe091e.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Dear Wendy, Cod is one of my favorite fishes. This looks and sounds real good.
    Happy New Year to you. xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a delicious tender white fish that we love as well. I think you would enjoy this recipe. The cod was almost buttery tasting. Thanks Catherine.

      Delete
  2. I don't know yet where you come from but you cook the same way as us, in Provence, South of France. Late happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I take that as a high compliment Sylvie, thank you! I am in Michigan, USA

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.