Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thy Will be Done

There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, in the end, "Thy will be done."




This is a quote from "The Great Divorce" by C.S. Lewis.  This was a short book but not a quick read by any means.  It was one of those books that kept me rereading the passages so as not to miss any of the meaning and symbolism contained within. Heck, I spent a couple of hours just pondering on the one line I quoted above. I have a feeling that it is one of those books to which I will return often and leave each time with a new idea or thought to chew on and ponder.  I find myself often returning to "Mere Christianity" in the same way.  I can't believe that I had not read this book before now but perhaps the time wasn't right yet so the Lord did not bring it to my attention until I had grown a bit more in my faith.

I will be sharing this book with the people who link up at Thrive at Home on Thursday.  I have a feeling they would enjoy this book as I did.

I have now started reading "Major Pettigrew's Last Stand" by Helen Simonson.  I will let you know what I think.



3 comments:

  1. That is a quote that I am now off to ponder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read The Great Divorce and wrote a report on it for a seminary course. It's a little book, but definitely not a quick read. So much is packed into those few pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not kidding Stacy. It is one of those books that you can read 100 times and get a 100 different messages each time. CS Lewis is mind boggling to me.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.