Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Hump Day, Hair Day, Happy Day

It is hard to believe that it is already Wednesday and that we get to leave tomorrow for Sunshine and 80*.  Wooohooooooo, I am jumping out of my skin.  And the kiddos are pretty happy too!!  Yesterday I went for a mani/pedi and Frank packed up all the diving gear.  We also watched a video from one of our previous diving trips so we are REALLY in the mood!

This morning I have an appointment to get my hair cut.  I am still not dying it.  The gray is mostly hidden underneath but we will see how it looks when the outside is cut off.  It will be what it is, at least until I get home next week.

Frank has an appointment with his oncologist this morning.  That is always a nerve wracking thing.  You always have that monster looming over your, waiting to rear it's ugly head.  It is always a sigh of relief when you hear that you have won the battle again this year but frustrating to know that the war will never end.


 
 
My feelings exactly!!
 
When we get home from our appointments, it will be time to pull out the crate of summer clothing and get packed for Sunshine and 80*.....Oops did I say that already????
 
 Then we get to drive in the cold and snow and ice for a few hours to meet with our Traverse City family for dinner and to grab our Lilibug before driving another few hours home in the snow and cold.  All so that we can leave tomorrow for Sunshine and 80*.... I seem to be repeating myself here!!
 
 
Okay, it is 8 am and time for me to get my butt in gear so I can get my running around done, because tomorrow......Okay, I won't say it again.....but I do sign off with a huge, ear to ear grin!!!

5 comments:

  1. I am praying for Frank to have a good check-up! Also for flights to Florida not to be hindered by that awful weather they are having down South. And also prayers for my envy that rears it's ugly head each time you say 80* You guys will have so much fun. How old are the kids you are taking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frank is good for another 6 months. Thanks for the well wishes and happy thoughts. Forgive me for gloating, I could not help myself. Both Ryan and Lili are 14, terrible age for parents but a wonderful age for us to enjoy them.

      Delete
    2. They will have a great time with you guys. I am happy to hear that Frank's news was good for another 6 months! Have fun in Florida

      Delete
  2. Great News about Frank, hurrah!
    Take care in all that snow...
    Enjoy the sunshine & diving you all deserve it...
    Live Life to the Full...Enjoy & Embrace it all...
    Having fun with loved ones is the spice of life...
    Wishing you all Peace, Good Health & Happiness,
    May God Bless your wonderful family & you & Frank of course!
    Odelle Smith x. (U.K.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Odelle. It was a great trip and we are scheduled for another in February of 2015.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.