Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sunday Stealing



Book Survey!
 
  • 1:Favorite children's book Depends on the age of the child...Bobbsey Twins was my favorite as a 6 or 7 year old.
  • 2:The last book you've read I am currently reading Major Pettigrew's Last Stand
  • 3:Books on your "to read" list Too numerous to list but I am anxiously awaiting the newest in the Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon
  • 4:Top 5 authors Koontz, Kellerman, Evanovich, Follett and Patterson
  • 5:Favorite genres I like everything
  • 6:A book that has made you extremely mad The last book I read that made me angry was "Say Goodbye".  It dwelt with child abuse.
  • 7:A book that you've cried over Again, I will have to go with the last that made me cry because there are so many.... "The Book Thief"
  • 8:A book that made you laugh out loud The last book that made me laugh out loud was "Takedown Twenty"
  • 9:Fiction or nonfiction? If it is written, I will read it
  • 10:First book you've read by your favorite author Dean Koontz "Watchers" and still my favorite of all his books. 
  • 11:Best book-to-movie adaption I am never pleased with the movies.  They cannot match my imagination.
  • 12:Do you read comics/manga? Only the Sunday Comics
  • 13:Hardcovers or Paperbacks? Mostly my nook now
  • 14:Do you buy books as soon as they come out or wait a while? The minute they come out.
  • 15:Do you buy books spontaneously without any prior knowledge of what happens in it? Yes.
  • 16:Have you ever bought a book based on the cover alone? Yes
  • 17:Where do you usually buy your books?  Barnes and Noble.com
  • 18:Book that had a strong impact on you "To Kill a Mockingbird"
  • 19:Historical or science fiction? Historical
  • 20:Dystopian or Utopian? Utopian but I seem to read more Dystopian LOL
  • 21:Worst book-to-move adaption? I don't know, I think they all leave a lot to be desired 
  • 22:Book that should have a movie adaption? "Saving Cece Hunicutt"
  • 23:The first book you've fallen in love with "The Other" by Thomas Tryon.  It was my first foray into adult literature in 6th grade.
  • 24:Humor or angst? Humor
  • 25:How many books do you own? Not too many any more, just those on my nook basically
  • 26:Do you go the library? I love libraries
  • 27:How many books do you read a year? Well, I am keeping track this year so I will let you know.
  • 28:Favorite "required reading" book? The Bible
  • 29:Favorite quote? "There is no place like home"  Wizard of Oz
  • 30:A book you absolutely hate  Hate is a strong word.  There are books that take me longer to read because I am one of those that if I started it I have to finish it....

2 comments:

  1. OH! I remember the Bobbsey Twins books! My mom bought a set for me from a garage sale and I was so intrigued by the idea of two sets of twins in one family! I read those books over and over.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.