Monday, February 10, 2014

Monday Meetings

This morning I met with Kim so we could go to kickboxing....When she got in the car I said "It's a good thing that we had this planned, otherwise I would have stayed home".  She said, "if you hadn't come over, there is no way I was going to kickboxing".  So we pulled out of the driveway, went to a restaurant and had breakfast....

When I got home, I met up with my friend Jean, who had money for me for raising one of my hogs for her.  A little bit of mad money for our trip.

Then I made an apple pie to take to our Parish Council Meeting for Father as it is his birthday today and during his homily Sunday he mentioned that he likes apple pie.

You can find my apple pie recipe here.  It is easy and delicious.  Just watch.....

 
Peel, core, and cut apples into eighths.
Add cinnamon and sugar.

 
Pour into an unbaked pie crust.

 
Top with butter, flour and sugar to create a crumb topping.
 
That's all there is to it.  This was one of the first recipes that I learned to cook.  We had numerous apple trees in our yard when we were growing up and so we ate a lot of pies, cakes, sauces, etc.
 
Before Parish Council Meeting we are meeting with Greg and Linda Benda for pizza tonight so that means more changes to the Weekly Menu.  We were scheduled for Mac and Cheese for dinner tonight and Pizza for dinner tomorrow night.  Since we are having Pizza out tonight, I will save my recipe for another week and find something else to make for Try it Tuesday tomorrow.  Stop in to see what I decide to try.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.