Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thoughts for Thursday

Yesterday was the anniversary of my nephew, Danny's, death.  I have such an assortment of feelings about this.  My nephew was a young man with his whole life in front of him.  It saddens me that he made decisions and choices that took him away from us so soon.  I pray that he has found peace in Heaven with his Dad and Grandpa.  I had another funeral to attend this morning for Frank's cousin.  We had last seen him at the family reunion that we held here in August.  Going to funerals always brings back feelings of loss for me.

I do not grieve for those who are gone from this life into the next.  I believe God's promise of eternal life through Christ Jesus and I trust that those who have gone before me are in a much better place.  I grieve for those that are left here to live without the people we loved and depended upon.  I grieve because I want to feel my father's hand cupped around my face again.  I grieve because I want to hear my brother's laughter as we people watch and and share silent looks.  I grieve because, having now lost a sibling, I understand how devastating losing his brother is to my nephew that remains here with us.  Mostly, I grieve for those who do not have the comfort of knowing the Lord and believing in his promise of everlasting life.

So I will mourn today until it is time to dance as told to us in Ecclesiastes 3:4 and know that "To Everything there is a Season".



4 comments:

  1. This is a sobering reminder......and yet reminds us of the hope......death does not have the victory......Thank you for posting and may God comfort you in your losses. Gentle Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gentle Joy, He does comfort me and has blessed me abundantly. Thanks for taking the time to read my vent today. I am not always this sober. Stop by again and hopefully we can share some laughter.

      Delete
  2. My heart and love goes out to you today Wendy! Sometime under other circumstances maybe we can discuss this! I have so much confusion and loss when it comes to the death of our loved ones. I am so happy that you are able to find comfort in your love of God!! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula, hugs always help. I am happy to talk with you about it. Many amazing things occurred with my Pops while he was dying.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.