It is with a heavy heart that I announce that this will be the final Soup Saturday Swappers event. I started this group six years ago and it was very well received and a great success. It is not surprising that after all this time our membership has gone down. Many of the original members are no longer blogging and those that remain have run out of fresh ideas for themes to host. It was a great run and I made a lot of wonderful friends that I know will be joining in new adventures with me.
I want to thank Karen of Karen's Kitchen Stories for hosting this final chapter with the theme of Soups from Around the World. I decided to travel to Ireland so that I could serve this soup to my brother and his wife as the first course when we celebrated his birthday dinner with a St. Pat's theme.
Let's see what countries the others chose.......
I couldn't believe how easy and delicous this soup is. I used 1 (6 oz) frozen cod fillet and a 10 oz. package of frozen mixed seafood. Life doesn't get much easier and tastier than that.......
Soups, Seafood, Irish, Quick, Easy,
Yield: 4 servings
Irish Seafood Coddle
This delicious soup is ready in less than half an hour, making an elegant starter at your next dinner party or a wonderful lunch or light dinner accompanied by a salad and some bread or dinner rolls.
Prep time: 5 MinCook time: 25 MinTotal time: 30 Min
- 4 c. vegetable stock
- 3 scallions, white and light green parts, sliced
- 1 large carrot, scraped and sliced
- 1 stalk celery, cleaned and sliced
- 1-2 lbs. assorted fish and seafood of choice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring the vegetable broth to a boil in a soup pot set over med high heat.
- Add the scallions, carrots and celery. Season with salt and pepper, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add the seafood and cook for about 5 minutes longer before serving.
Recipe adapted from one found at George Hughes Fishmonger
Fat (grams)2.97 g
Sat. Fat (grams)1 g
Carbs (grams)5.69 g
Fiber (grams)0.89 g
Net carbs4.8 g
Sugar (grams)3.2 g
Protein (grams)34.56 g
Sodium (milligrams)1098.76 mg
Cholesterol (grams)85.05 mg
Property of A Day in the Life on the Farm