Friday, November 29, 2019

What to do with all those Leftovers; The Weekly Menu

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving gathering.  It was smaller this year than in years past but, of course, I cooked like I was feeding an army.


This morning I am sitting here brainstorming on how to use up a ton of leftovers.
The final load of dishes is in the dishwasher, the roasting pan is soaking away, the turkey carcass is in the stock pot and the linens are in the washing machine. 

I am sitting here with my cup of coffee, wondering why on earth I ordered a 20 lb turkey when there were only going to be 9 of us for dinner and one is a vegetarian and the Teen is always full after the soup and salad.


Not to mention that before dinner I had laid out a beautiful cheese platter.  We could probably have done without that too but it was wonderful accompanied by this gorgeous Bordeaux wine that Julien brought.

Today is going to be spent recovering from all the work last week.  The Teen wanted to go Black Friday shopping, I just laughed.  I have never ventured into a store on Black Friday and I'm not starting this year.

Image result for bronners

Tomorrow, weather permitting, we are heading about 2 hrs. north to the little town of Frankenmuth.  You thought I was going to say Bethlehem, didn't you?  Frankenmuth is a small town that started with Bavarian Immigrants.  Now it is mostly a tourist trap but they have Bronners which is the largest Christmas store in the world.  Marissa has never been to Frankenmuth and I'm sure she is going to love it.

Image result for hello dolly at fisher theatre


Sunday we are attending the matinee of the final day of Hello Dolly at the Fisher Theatre in Detroit.  I am looking forward to it.  We will go out for dinner following the show.  I am making a leftover quiche for us to enjoy after Mass.

So, here is our Weekly Menu, incorporating as many leftovers as possible.  Anything not able to be used by Wednesday, like the remainder of that huge turkey, will be frozen for later incorporation into meals.


Friday
Turkey Shepherd's Pie

Saturday
Frankenmuth

Sunday
Turkey and Cranberry Quiche

Monday
Turkey Frame Soup
Turkey Panini

Tuesday
Turkey Tetrazzini

Wednesday
Stew

Thursday
Ham Steak
Potato Salad

Friday
Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon
Salad





No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.