Image from Bing
There are some slight changes. The back room is completely gutted now, down to the studs and the deck onto which it was built.
And a large change....when taking down the walls and ceiling, Frank discovered a hole in the roof, mushy framework and black mold by the chimney. We have no idea how much time or money that is going to set us back :( I feel like I'm on one of those HGTV shows, when given the bad news that your renovation is going to cost more than anticipated.
Yep. That is daylight you see coming through our roof on the left and the water damage and black mold it created on the right.
AND.....this weather has been crazy...snow, rain, freezing temps. Until yesterday. Yesterday there was frost on the ground in the morning and it was in the 70's in the afternoon. Just a little tease from Mother Nature. Today is pleasant as well however we have winter storm warnings for this weekend.
Image from Bing
So, of course, our builder was unable to stay on schedule with his last job. He thought he would be staring on our project on Tuesday. Last night he phoned and said he believed the other job should be done this afternoon and that will allow him to stop by with the roofing guy and figure out how to handle that problem.
Whenever that is resolved he will be able to start on building the outer walls that are being replaced. Sigh.......
Frank has agreed to store the car outside of the garage so that, today, we can move all the stuff in the dining area into the garage and I can get some semblance of order back. That will make me feel a little bit more in control.
It is too difficult to have 4 dogs that are shedding like crazy and to not be able to get a vacuum or broom into the areas that need it. I could handle it for a couple of weeks but now it looks like this is going to be a month long project.
Here's the bright side.....
- We have a nice, attached garage in which to move all the stuff.
- We are in a position to make any repairs needed and still continue with this project as planned.
- The fireplace is in and can be picked up today.
- We sold our truck. (We'll ignore the fact that the new car isn't ready yet and we are down to one vehicle for the time being)
- Frank has decided to hire a contractor to lay the flooring.
- The builder should be here for the duration now.
Here is what else is going on in our lives this week:
- Melody is coming over after school and spending the weekend with us.
- Tonight we will be attending an appreciation dinner at church.
- Tomorrow we will spend the day attending a training session for another project we have going.
- Sunday there is a bluegrass concert at our church.
- Wednesday morning we have a meeting here at the house regarding the project referred to above. (I can't wait until I can share it with you).
- Thursday night I have practice with my Great Niece, Abby, for her Confirmation.
- Friday night we celebrate Confirmation.
And.....we gotta eat!!! Here's the Weekly Menu......
Whole Chicken in the Crockpot
Chicken Pot Pie
Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
Carry out at Aunt Irene's
Baked Pork Chops
Barley and Apple Salad
Out for dinner following Confirmation