Tuesday, January 3, 2023

A new Taco Tuesday Recipe and a Book Review

Pizza and Tacos collide in this delicious and easy baked taco recipe.  Perfect for dinner on a Taco Tuesday.

Pizza Tacos

Yesterday I shared a book review of Twenty Years Later by Charlie Donlea.  I enjoyed that book very much.  So much, in fact, that I ordered another of his novels to read immediately upon finishing.

Don't Believe It

Don't Believe It is also a mystery thriller.  It is very similar to the first Donlea novel that I read.  Too similar.  I felt like I was reading the same story with some very minor changes.  Same storyline, another female protagonist trying to claw her way to the top, another down on his luck retired detective, another person alleging they were wrongly convicted of murder and a similar surprise twist at the end.

I didn't enjoy this novel as much as the first but perhaps if I had read it first I would have enjoyed this one more.  Not sure.  

At any rate it did give me an opportunity to share this taco recipe with you as the protagonist makes a quick stop at a Taco Truck for dinner one night.  

Pizza Tacos

I enjoy making these Tacos to serve up as a change to our Taco Tuesday menus.  They are always a huge hit with the Teen and her friends.



Entrees, Pork, Tacos, Baked, Easy
Entrees
Italian/Mexican fusion
Yield: 5 servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Pizza Tacos

Pizza Tacos

Pizza and Tacos collide in this delicious and easy baked taco recipe. Perfect for dinner on a Taco Tuesday.
Prep time: 10 MinCook time: 15 MinTotal time: 25 Min

Ingredients

  • 2-3 Sweet Italian Sausage links, casings removed
  • 10 Taco Shells
  • 3 c. shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
  • 3 oz. pepperoni, cut into small dice
  • 1/2 small onion, cut into small dice
  • 2-3 mini sweet peppers, cut into small dice
  • 1/2 c. pizza sauce
  • 1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese

Instructions

  1. Cook the Italian Sausage in a skillet over med high heat until browned and crumbly. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and place onto a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
  2. Arrange taco shells in a 9x13" baking pan so they are standing upright and sprinkle 2 Tablespoons of Mozzarella into the bottom of each.
  3. Divide the sausage and place on top of the Mozzarella, sprinkle with the onions and peppers.
  4. Top with the pizza sauce and then sprinkle with the remaining Mozarella and Parmesan cheese.
  5. Bake in a preheated 350* oven for about 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.

Notes

Adapted from a recipe found at Allrecipes.com

Nutrition Facts

Calories

649.75

Fat (grams)

48.59

Sat. Fat (grams)

21.43

Carbs (grams)

21.3

Fiber (grams)

2.39

Net carbs

18.91

Sugar (grams)

2.82

Protein (grams)

31.16

Sodium (milligrams)

1469.18

Cholesterol (grams)

120.85

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree on the Donlea books. Of course, that didn't stop me from reading four of them. But I have moved on. LOL. Your tacos look delicious though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a nice change of pace. I am now reading The Huntress by Kate Quinn and loving it.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.