Sunday, February 24, 2019

Shamrock Shake #OurFamilyTable

Celebrate St. Pat's Day with this creamy delicious copy-cat Shamrock Shake inspired by the one sold at McDonald's Restaurant each year.


Join the crew From Our Dinner Table as we share recipes for St. Patrick's Day.........



We were driving home after I picked the Teen up from one of her friend's houses and she asked if we could drive through McDonald's because they had Shamrock Shakes now.  Not wanting her to spoil her dinner, I told her I would make her a Shamrock Shake after she ate.

When Christie of A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures and Ellen of Family Around the Table announced the theme for today's event was St. Patrick's Day, I knew I wanted to share this easy peasy recipe.  

I have shared tons of Irish recipes on this blog, most of them savory, throughout the years.  I think almost everybody thinks of Corned Beef and Cabbage when they think of St. Pat's food.  My brother, Dick's birthday is on March 17th so I often invite him over so we can celebrate both events together.  

I love having theme parties...at this St. Pat's party , you will find a complete menu including Baked Potato Soup, Shades of Green Salad, and Shamrock Cheesecakes.  We also love Colcannon and eat it year round. You can also enjoy your corned beef and cabbage in this delicious soup.

But it's not all about Corned Beef, in fact, Corned Beef and Cabbage is more of an American tradition than an Irish one.  There are tons of delicious Irish foods to enjoy.  How about some Currant Drop Scones?  Or, more traditionally Irish, some stew....I have several from which to choose.  This one has a  White Cheddar Crust.  This one is made with Guinness in the Slow Cooker.  And if you're not a fan of meat, Ireland also is surrounded by ocean so there is always fish and seafood like this Glazed Scrod.



Even though I have shared a lot of recipes here there is so much more to enjoy from Ireland.  Take a look at what the other's are sharing today.........

St. Patrick’s Day Recipes


We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, join our Pinterest board, too!


#drinks, #blenderdrinks, #milkshake, #peppermint, #St.Patrick'sDay, #holiday, #holidaydesserts, #desserts, #snacks
Drinks, Ice Cream, Desserts, Snacks
American
Yield: 1 servingPin it

Shamrock Shake

Celebrate St. Pat's Day with this creamy delicious copy-cat Shamrock Shake inspired by the one sold at McDonald's Restaurant each year.

ingredients:

  • 2 c. vanilla ice cream
  • 1/3 c. milk
  • 8-10 drops green food coloring
  • 1 t. peppermint extract
  • 1/2 c. heavy cream, whipped
  • Maraschino cherry, if desired

instructions:

  1. Place ice cream, milk, food coloring and peppermint extract into a heavy duty blender and puree until smooth.  Pour into a tall glass and top with whipped cream and a cherry, if desired.

NOTES:

Inspired by the Shamrock Shake sold at McDonald's Restaurant.
Created using The Recipes Generator







10 comments:

  1. Don't laugh, but when I saw your preview title, I had NO idea what this was going to be...or where it was from. LOL. Don't think I've ever had one. The last time we went to McDonald's, D was probably in kindergarten and we went with friends who just wanted to see me there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you. One of the problems we are seeing with getting a teenager is that you had no influence or control over their eating habits. She has a very limited palate and craves fast and junk food which were her main sources of meals prior to living with us.

      Delete
  2. How fun to have a mom who can whip up a Shamrock Shake any time of year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking a creme de menthe ice cream cocktail sounds kind of good too.

      Delete
  3. This is my favorite milkshake ever. I'm totally making this

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love shamrock shakes, and I bet your homemade one is delicious! I can't wait to try this with my boys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids are going to love this shake. The perfect treat for St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Shamrock Shakes! Now I can make them at home and my kids will love me even more!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.