Monday, March 20, 2017

Pan Roasted Pork Chops with Pear Chutney #CrazyIngredientChallenge

Folks, let me tell you....I am so happy that I joined in with the Crazy Ingredient Challenge this month. Our challenge was to combine Pears and Red Pepper Flakes.  I never, ever would have created this recipe without being involved in this group and now?  Well, now it is going to be making a regular appearance in this household.  I can't wait to invite friends over to try this meal.  That is how excited I am about this dish.


I used two different kinds of pears, a Bartlett and a Bosc. I felt that this would lend the chutney some texture and interest.
  

This is the easiest chutney recipe ever.  I adapted it from this recipe found at Food Network website. A few minutes in the microwave, set it aside to cool and start on the chops.


I used boneless pork loin chops.  A quick sear on one side, flip them over and finish them off in the oven. 



Since I had the oven on anyway, I put some diced butternut squash in to roast as well.  It was the perfect side for this dish.


Pan Roasted Pork Chops with Easy Pear Chutney

2 pears of your choice
3 scallions, white and light greens, roughly chopped
2 T. apple cider vinegar
1 T. brown sugar
2 t. butter
1/4 t. ginger paste
1/2 t. cinnamon
pinch of kosher salt
pinch of crushed red pepper 
2 boneless, loin chops
2 t. olive oil

Peel, core and dice the pears. Place in a microwave safe bowl along with the scallions, vinegar, brown sugar, butter, ginger, cinnamon, salt and red pepper flakes.  Cover and microwave for 1 minute on high heat.  Stir and return, covered to microwave for another 10 minutes.  Take from oven, remove lid, stir and set aside.

Place the olive oil in an oven safe skillet over high heat.  Season the chops liberally with salt and pepper.  When the oil is shimmering, add the chops and sear for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown. Flip the chops over and place the pan into a preheated 400* oven for 15-20 minutes until an internal temperature of 145* is reached.  Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.  Plate and top with the Pear Chutney. Print Recipe

More Pear and Red Pepper Creations


12 comments:

  1. Pears and red pepper flakes are a fun combo! I love adding pears to roasted vegetables for a hint of sweetness. The same goes for apples and grapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness this sounds delicious. Who would have thought to pair pears with red pepper?? Not me. But I love a good pork chop. Haven't had them for awhile. Might add this to the menu after spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love porkchops and this challenge thing sounds fun, sort of watching "Chopped" in the blog world- this one is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes except that we don't have that awful time limit. That would just kill me in chopped.

      Delete
  4. Mmm that chutney does sound fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was deciding what to make I thought of a chutney type recipe but then decided to go fresh with a salsa.. Going to give your chutney a try. I love the use of pork and pears together, they work so well..and we made our porkchops basically the same. Great minds think alike.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That definitely looks like an easy chutney! I'm glad that someone made one so that I can try it out. Lots of pork this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, pork seems to marry well with any kind of fruit. This chutney was super easy and very good Kelly, enjoy.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.