Sunday, February 19, 2017

Mom's Cornflake Pork Chops for #SundaySupper

Shelby of Grumpy's Honeybunch is hosting Sunday Supper this week with a theme of Pork Chops.  Is it just me or does everyone hear Peter Brady saying Pork Chops and Applesauce in his attempt at a Bogart accent whenever this topic comes up?  I'm probably dating myself with that little aside.

My regular readers know that we eat a lot of pork in this household as we raised our own hogs up until we moved recently.


These handsome guys were from our last batch.  Since that time we have been purchasing our meat from a friend who we know raises their hogs humanely, hormone free and with no unnecessary antibiotics.  That same friend also provides us with our beef but today we are talking pork....specifically pork chops.


I have shared all kinds of pork chops with you in the past.  We have them Carribean Spiced in the summer.  Cider Glazed in the fall. Oven baked with BBQ Sauce in the winter and Grilled with this heavenly Blueberry BBQ Sauce.


Today's recipe, like the Peter Brady memory, is a throwback from my childhood.  My mom made these pork chops when I was a kid and, in turn, I made these pork chops for my kids.  It is a winning recipe for so many reasons.  They are easy, can be ready in less than an hour, is made from common household pantry items and they are always a huge hit with the family.  I am not sure where my mom got the original recipe.  Probably on the back of a package of corn flakes.


I don't know about you, but I am very excited to see all the great recipes brought to the table for Sunday Supper today.  You can find them right below this recipe.

Easy Cornflake Pork Chops

4-6 Pork Chops 
2 eggs
2 T. milk
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 t. onion powder
1/2 t. thyme leaves
1 1/2 c. cornflake crumbs
2 T. butter, melted

Scrape and pat dry the pork chops.  Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, onion powder and thyme together in a shallow dish.  Place the cornflake crumbs and butter in a sealable plastic bag, close and shake to evenly distribute the butter in the crumbs.  Dredge both sides of the pork chops in the egg mixture and place, one at a time, into the cornflake crumbs.  Shake the bag to coat and remove to a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.  Repeat for all the chops.  Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 30-40 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chops.  Print Recipe

More Wonderful Pork Chop Recipes

Pork Chops

Pork Chops

And More Pork Chops

Sunday Supper MovementJoin the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.





9 comments:

  1. Love this! My dad used to make a chicken dish crusted in cornflakes and I loved it. I bet this pork chop dish tastes awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom used to use either corn flakes or rice krispies to coat chicken. I know I'd love your version with chops!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never used corn flakes since I never have them, but I totally would for these- I love the Peter Brady reference- so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pork chops look so good. I'm trying your recipe soon, pretty sure my family will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure they will too Elizabeth. Please let me know.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.