Thursday, May 14, 2015

Thursday Thoughts

This week, like most week's in my life, is flying by!  It has been a good week though.  The puppies are growing and are pretty much house trained.  Well, Shadow is house trained.  Sherman is another story.  He is an adorable little pup but not the brightest crayon in the box.  We might not notice it so much if we didn't have Shadow to compare him with.

Mom was moved into her new room yesterday.  She now has a roommate who had been sharing that room with her husband until he passed away recently.  They moved Mom instead of her because she is partially blind and would have a more difficult time adjusting.  I stopped by today to see how she fared during the night.  The aide said that it took her until 10 pm to convince Mom that she was spending the night and had been moved to a new room but once in her room she was fine.  When I got there today they were having a singalong.  Mom handed me a sheet with the words and we sang for a while.  Ting and Melody went with me today and Melody danced as we all sang.  She was the hit of the show!!  It is so much fun seeing how animated all of the seniors get when a baby is in the house.

When we got home from moving Mom yesterday there were two boxes waiting on my doorstep.  The first box I opened was a late arrival from #BrunchWeek 2015 and contained a ton of wonderful, delicious, sweet Vidalia onions.  They felt badly about being late but the harvest happens when it happens.  I am still very excited about this gift.  We use a TON of onions in this household and Vidalia's are my preferred brand.



The second box contained some wonderful dressings from T Lish and are provided for those of us who are participating in #HotSummerEats.  Hot Summer Eats starts June 1 and goes all week long. You are not going to want to miss this event.  T Lish is just one of many sponsors who will ensure that this is an incredible party!


I am very anxious to start working on the recipes and sharing them with all of you.  Hope that your week is going as well as mine.





2 comments:

  1. We have a pup named Sherman as well...love the name :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.