Friday, May 1, 2015

Tacos for Fish Friday

I made a new recipe tonight for Fish Tacos that I found on Allrecipes.com, submitted by Feistaqueen. I was pretty pleased with how they turned out.  I adapted the recipe slightly to fit what we had in our pantry and to suit our tastes.



I was attracted to this recipe because of the ingredients in the salsa.  I love mango salsa and this included pineapple and avocado....what more could you want out of life??


The tacos were quick and easy to put together.  Perfect for a weeknight meal.


I served it with Spanish Rice and Cole Slaw.

Fish Tacos
adapted from Allrecipes.com, submitted by Fiestaqueen

4 fish fillets, I used Mahi Mahi
salt and pepper to taste
1 T. olive oil

1/3 c. sour cream
juice from 1/4 lime
1 t. ginger paste (I used Garden Gourmet)
dash of cumin

1 large mango, peeled, seeded and diced
1 c. fresh diced pineapple
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
Juice from remaining 3/4 of lime

8 (6") Flour Tortillas, warmed

Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper,  Heat oil in large skillet over med high heat.  Add the fish fillets and cook until golden brown and no longer translucent in the center.  Time will vary according to the thickeness of the fillets.  About 3-5 minutes per side.

Meanwhile, whisk together the sour cream, lime, ginger and cumin.  Season to taste with salt and pepper.  Set aside.

Combine the mango, pineapple, avocado, jalapeno and lime juice in a bowl, tossing gently to make salsa.

Place cooked fish in the center of a warm tortilla, top with salsa and sour cream sauce.  Print Recipe





4 comments:

  1. I have never eaten a fish taco. My ex daughter in law loves them. Guess I'll have to try your recipe sometime

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound delicious and healthy too.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.