Friday, May 29, 2015

I scream, You scream, We all scream for Ice Cream!!


Guess what I pulled out of the storage room?  Yep, my handy, dandy, cuisinart ice cream maker.  It's that time of the year when you don't want to heat up the house by turning on the oven but you still want something delicious and impressive to serve guests for dessert.  Everyone loves ice cream and I have been know to buy premade ice cream and Sander Hot Fudge. (Which is, without a doubt, the best Hot Fudge in the entire world.  Just my opinion but try it and see if you don't agree with me.) But serving store bought, no matter how good, is just not the same as serving something that was made with love as one of the ingredients.

This recipe is straight from the little booklet that came with the ice cream maker and it is a keeper. Especially if you are a Resee's Addict like me.

Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream  
Very slightly adapted from Cuisinart

1 1/3 c. good quality peanut butter (not natural)
3/4 c. sugar
1 2/3 c. whole milk
2 1/4 c. heavy cream
1 1/2 t. vanilla extract
1/2  of an 8 oz bag of Resees minis

In med bowl of stand mixer affixed with paddle attachment, combine peanut butter and sugar at low speed until smooth.  Add the milk and continue to mix on low speed until sugar is dissolved, 1-2 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla.  Cover and refrigerate over night.

Pour mixture into an ice cream maker following manufacturers directions.  Five minutes before mixing is complete add the Resees Minis and let mix in completely.

The ice cream will have a cream texture.  If firmer ice cream is desired transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and freeze for at least 2 hrs.  Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving. Print Recipe





8 comments:

  1. I want to try this one. We have a big ice cream freezer out in the garage. I wish I had a smaller one for the house. Maybe someday. Richard loved to make ice cream. Strawberry was his favorite. Peach was second. I will miss having him make ice cream for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There really is nothing like homemade ice-cream. xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great thing to pull out of storage, yum on the ice cream flavor too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I was stressing out all day over finding out if I got a job or not (they finally emailed at 5 to say that they're gonna pull me back in for a second interview when the HR lady gets back from vacation... so more waiting.... but that's okay at least i know!). And I literally told my friend I wanted to go home and eat a gallon of ice cream. You read my mind! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will say an extra prayer for you tonight and keep my fingers crossed Katy.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.