Friday, August 7, 2020

Ratatouille #FarmersMarketWeek

This delicious, colorful and flavorful vegetable stew makes a perfect side dish or main course meatless meal.  It is vegetarian and vegan friendly.

RatatouilleThis is a great dish to take advantage of all the summer bounty available right now at your local Farmer's Market.
We have been celebrating Farmer's Market Week and today is our final day.......
Farmers Market Week Graphic

Friday’s Farmers Market Week Recipes

Ratatouille
Ratatouille is one of my favorite ways to use up all the extra produce left in my refrigerator before my next CSA or Farmer's Market Visit. It's quick, easy and can be made with any ingredients you have on hand.  It can be made ahead and reheated when you are ready to serve it up.


#vegetables, #stew, #eggplant, #vegetarian, #vegan, #zucchini, #peppers
Entrees, Vegetable Sides, Meatless, Vegetarian, Vegan
French
Yield: 4 servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Print
Ratatouille

Ratatouille

This delicious, colorful and flavorful vegetable stew makes a perfect side dish or main course meatless meal. It is vegetarian and vegan friendly.
Prep time: 15 MCook time: 25 MTotal time: 40 M

Ingredients:

  • 1 onion, thinly sliced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 c. olive oil
  • 1 eggplant, cut into 1/2" dice
  • 1 small zucchini, cut into half moons
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 orange bell pepper, diced
  • 3 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
  • 1/4 t. dried oregano
  • 1/4 t. dried thyme
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 6-7 basil leaves, chiffonade

Instructions:

  1. Place 2 Tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium low heat.  Add the onion and garlic.  Cook and stir until translucent and softened.  
  2. Add remaining olive oil to pan.  and raise heat to med high.  Add the eggplant and cook for about 5 minutes.  Stir in the zucchini and peppers.  Continue cooking for another 12-15 minutes, until all vegetables are tender.
  3. Stir in the oregano, thyme, salt, pepper and basil.  Cook and stir for another minute before serving.
Created using The Recipes Generator

15 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous and colorful dish. There is nothing like the flavors of the combined veggies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we eat a lot of ratatouille during the summer months.

      Delete
  2. We were just talking about ratatouille the other day. I haven't made it in forever. Need to give this one a try

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wanted to make this ever since I watched the movie with my son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a perfect meal for this time of year! I love all the summer vegetables in here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many good things about this dish! I love the all the fresh veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful dish! I love all the flavors here! My family would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You cannot beat dishes like this - so much good stuff packed in there! We do a lot of zucchini and tomato variations, but I don't incorporate eggplant very often - I am definitely saving this one to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will become a regular at your house too Rebekah.

      Delete
  8. What a great way to use up bits of veggies! And perfect as a side or a meal on it's own.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.