Welcome to National Pizza Month..........
Colleen, of The Redhead Baker, invited the members of Festive Foodies to join her in celebrating National Pizza Month. It makes sense that October is National Pizza Month. I'll be that Halloween Night has to be one of the busiest nights of the year for pizza chains.
This year, instead of ordering in on Halloween, take a look at some of the recipes we are sharing and surprise your family with homemade pizza instead.
The recipe I'm sharing only calls for a 20 minute rise on the dough.
While the dough is rising, brown your burger with onions and mushrooms. You can add additional veggies too if you like and if you have them on hand. Sometimes I add peppers. Often I add spinach.
Open a jar of Marinara and add it to the pan to heat. You can use your favorite brand or if you still have tomatoes that you need to can you might want to make up some of my Farmstand Marinara and sneak even more veggies into your family.
Press the dough into a 9x13" pan while the sauce is warming.
Add the filling.
Smother with cheese and put it in the oven for 20 minutes.
Dinner is ready faster than you could have ordered and gotten delivery.
Come with me to see what pizza creations the others are sharing today.
- White Pizza with Prosciutto and Arugula by The Redhead Baker
- Arugula Pesto Pizza with Roasted Pears and Provolone by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Prosciutto and Fennel Pizza with Olives and Mascarpone by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Detroit Style Pepperoni and Hot Honey Pizza by Our Good Life
- Pikachu Pizza by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Antipasto Pizza by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Easy Gluten Free Pizza Crust by The Saucy Fig
- Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Pizza by The Baking Fairy
- Caramelized Onion, Bacon, and Spinach Pizza by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Stuffed Crust Sausage Pizza by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Green Lantern Pizza by Palatable Pastime
- Deep Dish Pizza Casserole by A Day in the Life on the Farm