Friday, November 25, 2016

Pumpkin Dump Cake with Cranberries for the Final Day of #CranberryWeek

I hope that you have all enjoyed this week as much as I.  I am overwhelmed by all the great cranberry recipes that have been shared and cannot wait to try so many of them.  I don't know which recipe to try first...that is a good problem to face.

I am serving up dessert today.  A perfect ending to a perfect Cranberry Feast.  This recipe was sent to me by my friend, Linda, and I adapted it to fit in with our Cranberry theme.  I made this quite a while back and took it to a church function for which I provided dinner.  It was a huge hit and not a bite was left.  This easy and tasty cake would be a perfect addition to your Thanksgiving dessert menu.


The tartness of the cranberries complement the rich spiciness of this pumpkin cake perfectly.  It is moist with a tender crumb.  It contains all the wonderful Fall flavors that you associate with Thanksgiving and this time of year.


It takes less time to throw this cake together than it does to preheat the oven.  Within an hour your cake is cooling and awaiting dinner to be served.


Search #CranberryWeek to keep up to date and follow the #CranberryWeek Pinterest board for more cranberry inspiration. But first, see all the other cranberry recipes being shared today, following below mine.


Pumpkin Dump Cake with Cranberries
adapted from Linda Tye

1 (29 oz) can pumpkin puree
1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
3 eggs
1 c. sugar
1 t. salt
3 t. cinnamon
1 boxed yellow cake mix
1 c. fresh cranberries
3/4 c. butter, melted

Combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, salt, cinnamon and cake mix in a large bowl.  Stir in fresh cranberries.  Pour into a 9x13" baking pan that has been treated with baking spray.  Drizzle with the melted butter and bake in a preheated 350* oven for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center, removes cleanly.  Print Recipe

Thank you for joining us this week.  It was fun. Now let's see what the others brought today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.