Fresh cherries muddled with sugar and lime and topped with gin served over ice. This cocktail is a wonderful summer refresher.
It is time to create with Cherries and Lime for this month's Improv Cooking Challenge......
Our host Nichole of Cookaholic Wife invites us each month to join her in creating a recipe that uses 2 ingredients that she has chosen. This month she asked us to use Cherries and Limes.
As luck would have it, I had just come home from Traverse City Michigan....the Cherry Capital of the World, so I had plenty of cherries on hand.
It was a gorgeous evening and Frank and I decided to relax out on the deck for a bit. He asked if I would like a glass of wine. Knowing that I had this event coming up I asked him if he could find a cocktail for us that used cherries and limes.
He went into his handy dandy little bartender app and came up with a Cherry Lime Rickey. We are normally vodka or whiskey drinkers but this recipe called for gin.
He muddled up those fresh cherries with some sugar and lime. Added the gin and some crushed ice and that was it. This was definitely a one cocktail drink for me but what a wonderful drink it was. Not too sweet, ice cold and refreshing. It was a perfect end to a perfect day.
You will find the recipe at the bottom of this post but first let's take a look at what the others created with these ingredients......
- Vodka Cherry Limeade by Making Miracles
- Filipino Crema de Fruta by Pandemonium Noshery
- Makrut Lime-Kissed Clafoutis/ by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cherry Lime Bourbon Smash by Cookaholic Wife
- Cherry Lime Rickey by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemon Cherry Muffin By Sneha's Recipe
Cherry Lime Rickey
- 12 fresh cherries, stemmed and pitted
- 1 lime cut into quarters
- 1 T. sugar
- 6 oz. gin
- Crushed Ice
- Place the cherries, lime and sugar into a cocktail strainer and muddle with the handle of a wooden spoon ( or use a muddler if you have one).
- Top with the gin. Fill the shaker with crushed ice and shake until sugar is dissolved and some of the ice has melted.
- Fill two rocks glasses with ice and divide the cocktail between them pouring through the strainer .
Sat. Fat (grams)0.03