Monday, February 12, 2018

Individual Cheesecakes for 2 #BakingBloggers

Our theme for Baking Bloggers this month is Cheesecake.  I LOVE cheesecake and was very excited but I am trying to cut down on the amount of goodies that I consume so I really didn't want an entire whole cheesecake sitting in my refrigerator screaming "EAT ME" each time I opened the door.


To resolve this problem, I decided to make only 2 individual cheesecakes and serve them up when Frank and I celebrated an early Valentine's Day Dinner.


Since I was making a plain cheesecake, I macerated some fresh raspberries in a little Framboise to use as a garnish and add a layer of flavor.



Topped with the berries and some whipped cream, they made a perfect ending to a romantic dinner for two.  Just in time for Valentine's Day!


Individual Cheesecakes for 2

3 sheets of Graham Crackers, crushed
2 T. butter, melted
6 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1 t. flour
1 1/2 T. sour cream
2 1/2 T. sugar
1/2 t. vanilla
1 egg yolk


Combine the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter and press into 2 (6 oz) ramekins that have been well buttered.

Beat together the cream cheese and flour.  Add the sour cream and sugar and continue to beat on low speed until smooth.  Add the vanilla and egg yolk, beat until well incorporated.

Divide the batter between the ramekins.  Place ramekins in a baking pan and fill the baking pan with boiling water until it reaches halfway up the ramekins. Cover entire baking dish with aluminum foil. Place into a preheated 325* oven for 30-35 minutes, until set.

Carefully remove the baking pan from the oven.  Remove the ramekins from the baking pan and place onto a wire rack to cool for 30 minutes.  Lay plastic wrap on top of the cheesecake, covering completely and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to one day before serving.  Garnish with whipped cream and fresh berries, if desired.  Print Recipe

Cheesecake Collection

19 comments:

  1. Sometimes I want a sweet but I also hate the idea of having an entire cake in the house. This is a perfect recipe for that. I made brownies with walnuts last night but gave half to my son to take home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, many times I only make desserts if there is going to be company to help eat it and take the leftovers home.

      Delete
  2. Yum! I love the idea of individual portions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww. Sweet photos! These sound delicious and I love the raspberry topping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! Perfect for a romantic Valentine's Day. And I love those kissing dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sweets don't too much time to yell EAT ME with the three boys -
    yes, I including Jake - desserts don't last long. These are adorable, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cam, unfortunately Frank has much more willpower than I.

      Delete
  6. I love small batch recipes, but when I have tons of leftovers, I send them to work with my dad or stash them in the freezer for another day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to take them to work as well but now that I'm retired they just sit there and ask me to eat them.

      Delete
  7. Individual desserts are great! Especially with raspberries!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this idea of individual desserts, than having leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Individual servings are such a good idea with a rich dessert like cheesecake, and these look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the idea of individual servings, perfection.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.