Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Mixed Berry Sorbet #CranberryWeek

This is my second offering in this celebration that we call #CranberryWeek, hosted by Caroline's Cooking and A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures.   We have folks blogging each day this week about the amazing cranberry and recipes that feature this tart little gem. You can search #CranberryWeek to keep up to date and follow the #CranberryWeek Pinterest board for more cranberry inspiration.

Monday, I shared a recipe for Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries that would be a great side for your Turkey dinner.  I love hosting Thanksgiving and gathering around the table with family and friends. I spend a lot of time on my menu, desiring the dinner to be a relaxed and happy time for everyone present.


We will have fruit, nut and cheese platters set out for our guests to enjoy with cocktails before dinner is served.  When we are seated and have thanked God for all the many blessings we have enjoyed throughout the year, dinner will start with soup and salad, followed by this wonderful sorbet that I am sharing with you today.  When serving a formal dinner, I like to offer a sorbet before the entree to cleanse the palate and prepare the guests for the main event...in this case...Roast Turkey with all the trimmings.

This sorbet is easy and quick enough that you can serve it up tomorrow at your own Thanksgiving Feast.  Whatever your Holiday plans, I hope that you have a wonderful day and I look forward to seeing you on Friday when I return with my final #CranberryWeek recipe.

Don't forget to stop by and see the other great cranberry inspired recipes that the group is sharing. You will find the links following this recipe.

Mixed Berry Sorbet

1/2 c. freshly squeezed orange juice
1/2" piece fresh ginger root, peeled and quartered
3/4 c. sugar
1 (12 oz) pkg. fresh or frozen cranberries
3 c. frozen mixed berries with kale, partially thawed
1/2 c mint leaves
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 c. ice cubes

Place all ingredients in into a heavy duty blender or food processor and puree until smooth.  Transfer to a freezer container and place in freezer.  Remove from freezer 15-20 minutes before serving.  Print Recipe

More Cranberry Inspired Recipes

2 comments:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.