Wednesday, December 9, 2015

A Savory Cheesecake for Blogger Clue Society

Each month a bunch of us get together to Cook-Learn-Undertake-Eat.  We call ourselves the Blogger CLUE Society.  We are assigned a theme and another member of the club.  We go onto that person's blog and look for a recipe that we would like to make within the parameters of the theme we were given.

This month I was lucky enough to be assigned to Kim of Liv Life, who lives this life in San Diego with her husband and children including daughter, Liv, for whom the blog is named and two adorable Maltese pups.  Kim and her husband are photographers and it is glorious going through her posts.


This month our theme was Celebrate, which you have to admit is the perfect theme for this time of year.  Of course, every blogging group to which I belong has been doing Holiday foods, mostly desserts.  I can't believe that I am saying this, but folks, I am desserted out!  And it is only the second week of December!!!

We were hosting my husbands work party this past Saturday so I decided to find a recipe that I could serve as an appetizer.  I found this wonderful Mexican Dip in a Cup that I am definitely keeping in mind for my next Fiesta.  I was very intrigued by the Guacamole Deviled Eggs.  Doesn't that sound delicious and now that my ladies are done striking, I have more eggs than I know what to do with. But then I saw this Savory Pesto Cheesecake and my search was over.  This was exactly what I was looking for.  Easy to make and elegant to serve.  


The crust is made from bread crumbs, pine nuts and butter.


Lightly toast the pine nuts and put them in a food processor with the bread crumbs.


Melt the butter in the pan used for toasting the pine nuts.


Add the butter to the food processor and pulse a few times.


Press this mixture into the bottom of a springform pan.
My springform pan has seen better days.
Maybe Santa will bring me a new one this year.


Combine the remaining ingredients.
I took Kim's suggestion and used cream cheese instead of ricotta.
I used a  sundried tomato pesto.
Use any flavor pesto you like.


Spread the cheese mixture over the crust and place in a preheated oven.


It turned out lovely and was sooooooo good.
How good?  Three people at the party requested this recipe.
Thanks Liv Life....I was proud to place this on my Appetizer Buffet.



Savory Pesto Cheesecake
adapted from Liv Life

Crust:
2/3 c. dry bread crumbs
5 T. pine nuts, toasted
2 T. butter, melted

Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until combined.  Press into the bottom of a springform pan that has been sprayed with cooking oil.  Set aside.

Filling:
2 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese
1/2 c. light cream
2 T. shredded parmesan cheese
2 T. flour
pinch of salt
1 garlic clove, minced
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup prepared pesto

Place cheeses, cream, flour, salt and garlic into a bowl and beat until smooth. Add eggs and beat on low speed just until combined.  Pour over crust.  Drop the pesto in small spoonfuls over the filling and swirl with a knife.  Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 35-40 minutes, or until center is nearly set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before carefully running a sharp knife around the sides and removing from pan.  Cool completely and refrigerate overnight before serving.  Print Recipe

Look at all these great treat with which to Celebrate!!


20 comments:

  1. A savory cheesecake! Nice...this would be perfect to add to the appetizer buffet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. I am so making this. I love savory cheesecakes and would have a hard time sharing it with anyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just make two...one for you and one for guests. They are easy enough that it's no problem at all.

      Delete
  3. What a unique idea to make, share and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of a savory cheesecake - perfect for those holiday parties and celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just starting to get around to everyone's posts. I love the savory cheesecake idea, Wendy, but am really interested in that dip in a cup! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That dip in a cup is definitely going to make an appearance at our house!

      Delete
  6. Sounds awesome! I'm actually impressed with how many people went savory this reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I remember the day I made this the first time and my mom just loved it. So glad you enjoyed as well Wendy. We are keeping you, your mom and your family in our prayers. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of a savory cheesecake! And the best part? More room for dessert ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my gosh! That's so easy and sounds so fabulous!!! I'm thinking that's going to get added to the Christmas Eve appetizer spread. YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.