Sunday, August 2, 2015

BLT Pasta Salad for #SundaySupper

Today we are celebrating Pool Parties.  The weather has been hot and steamy here in Michigan, perfect for a pool party.  I love summer parties.  They are so easy.  The host throws some hot dogs or hamburgers on the grill, everyone brings a favorite side dish, appetizer or dessert and you can just relax, visit and enjoy the beautiful weather.

This fun event is being hosted by the Sunday Supper Movement.    Sunday Supper Movement is on a mission to bring back Sunday Supper for families in every home.  They do this by gathering up a bunch of great bloggers, giving them a theme and having them post recipes that are easy and accessible to all home cooks.

I decided to bring a side dish to today's party.  One of my favorite things about summer is pulling a tomato warm from the garden and making up a BLT sandwich to enjoy for lunch or a light dinner.  I couldn't very well bring a pile of BLT's to the party so I thought I would bring the flavors of a BLT in a pasta salad.  In this recipe the L stands for leaves instead of lettuce and the leaves I decided to use are spinach leaves.  Fresh Spinach, Juicy Tomatoes, Crisp Bacon and Pasta are tossed in a light, tangy dressing.  The perfect side dish for whatever is on the grill.


BLT Pasta Salad

1 lb rotini pasta, cooked per package directions and rinsed with cold water
1 bunch baby spinach, leaves only washed and dried
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
4 slices thick cut bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1 c. Miracle Whip or Mayo
1 T. Dill paste 
salt and pepper to taste
2 T. apple cider vinegar
2 T. milk

In a small bowl, combine Miracle Whip or Mayo, dill, salt, pepper, vinegar and milk, whisking until combined and smooth.
Place remaining ingredients in a large bowl.  Add the dressing and toss with clean hands until well combined.  Print Recipe

Take a look at what the others have brought to this party!


Refreshing Beverages and Cocktails:
Appealing Appetizers and Snacks:
Super Sides and Salads:
Tempting Desserts and Sweets:

Sunday Supper MovementJoin the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.


22 comments:

  1. I'd rather have this salad than a sandwich on a hot summer day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love this when it is hot outside!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good! I love a great pasta salad for carry ins, too, so now I have another one to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pasta salad! This sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sound delicious! We love BLT at our house

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love making different versions of pasta salad..BLT sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love pasta salad - what a unique recipe! Looks delish!,

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been on a BLT kick this summer! Love the idea of putting it in pasta salad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can't seem to get enough of fresh summer tomatoes Lauren.

      Delete
  9. You had me at BLT never mind pasta!! Awesome poolside dish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm all over this. I mean bacon really does make everything better, so this sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've transformed my favorite summer sandwich into one amazing salad! This will be on my menu soon :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.