Thursday, May 4, 2023

Welcoming Spring with Farinelli Rosé #ItalianFWT

As the weather warms my tastes go to lighter, crisper fare.  I start wanting salads instead of pot roast and Rosés instead of Cabernets......except for when I am grilling burgers.  When I'm eating burgers I still want a heavier red but  Rosé works with burgers as well.  Rosé works with just about anything or with nothing at all except for a nice evening on the deck with good company.

Rose Wine

So it is with a happy heart that I opened this bottle of Farinelli Rosé for this month's Italian Food Wine and Travel group.  This Rosé or Rosatto as it is known in Italy comes from Abruzzo and is 100% Montepulciano.  It is fruity and delicious and less than $15 making it perfect for a casual evening al freso.

Wine with dinner

Unfortunately, though the calender says Spring, Michigan hasn't gotten the memo yet.  We have been enjoying lots of April Showers......for what feels like weeks on end.

So we opened our wine inside and pretended that the sun was shining.  This wine remeniscent of strawberries makes you feel sunshiney as you sip.

Linda over at My Full Wine Glass invited us to join her in exploring the wines of Abruzzo and Marche.  I was happy that I found this gorgeous Rosatto to share.  You can learn more about these areas by reading Linda's Invitation Post.

I paired this wine with a fresh salad and some semi homemade Seafood Ravioli.  It was an excellent pairing and I will be talking more about it during our Twitter Chat on Saturday, May 6th, at 11 AM ET.  

You are welcome to join us at chat and learn more about these beautiful regions of Italy and the foods and wines they offer.  You will find us by following #ItalianFWT.

Here are some of the topics we will be exploring........

  • Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm: “Welcoming Spring with Farinelli Rosé"
  • Cam from Culinary Cam: “Frecantò di Verdure, the Marche’s Version of Ratatouille, with the 2021 Colleleva Lacrima di Morro d'Alba”
  • Robin from Crushed Grape Chronicles: “Pecorino from Marche and Montepulciano from Abruzzo, exploring a bit of the wild lands of Italy’s Eastern Coast”
  • Andrea from The Quirky Cork: “Pecorino Shines with Creamy Asparagus Pasta”
  • Jennifer from Vino Travels: “Wines of Le Marche with Il Conte Villa Prandone”
  • Susannah from Avvinare: “Trebbiano d’ Abruzzo, A Perfect Sip for Spring”
  • Gwendolyn from Wine Predator: “Cerasuolo from Organic Famiglia Febo and Biodynamic Lunaria Paired with Abruzzo Inspired Menu: Mussels and Saffron, Pecorino and Pasta”
  • Cindy from Grape Experiences: “Uno Spuntino! Castorani Montepulciano d’Abruzzo Casauria Riserva 2015 with Grilled Pecorino Cheese Sandwiches”
  • Linda from My Full Wine Glass: “Two Verdicchio stars in the Marche wine firmament”

6 comments:

  1. You're so right, Wendy! Rosé works with just about anything. Love it when I get strawberry notes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all for staying inside and pretending it is Spring with a rosato!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever we need to do in a pinch Robin but I"m happy Spring is finally back here in Michigan.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.