I was invited to be an ambassador for L'Ecole wines. This means that each month they are providing me with a bottle of wine and a suggested theme for the wine. My end of the bargain is that I taste the wine, do a pairing and give my honest review here on my blog. There is also a zoom meeting each month where we get to learn about the wine we were sent and ask questions of the winemaker. I am a big fan of L'Ecole No 41 and was very excited to join them in this endeavour.
- This wine is not only 50/50 Cab Franc and Merlot but also 50/50 between two vineyards, 7 Hills and Ferguson.
- This a small production wine. It is available on a very limited basis and is winery exclusive. This means that you need to be a wine club member and/or order it online through the winery, It will not be available for retail sales.
- This wine is meant to be enjoyed young. That means that as soon as you get it, it is ready to uncork and pour. It does well if you let it breathe for a bit before sipping. This wine can be cellared for up to 10 years. I have never, ever, been able to cellar wine. I buy wine....I drink wine. LOL
- These grapes were harvested in September of 2018. They will be released to the public on March 23 and they won't last long.
- You can order this wine by going to the L'Ecole website.
- This bottle is priced at $39 and I hope to be able to order a couple of bottles to have on hand for the summer grilling season.