We are sharing Summer Soups today over at Soup Saturday Swappers.........
My friend Cam, of Culinary Adventures with Camilla, is hosting this month and asked us to share a Summer Soup recipe saying:
Create a soup for summertime. It can be a chilled soup such as a gazpacho; it can be a soup that features summer produce; the limit is only your creativity. Have fun!Soup Saturday Swappers is a fun group that gets together on the third Thursday of each month to share soup/stew recipes based on a theme chosen by one of the members. We love meeting new bloggers and would be happy to have you join in the fun. Interested? Just let me know in the comment section below.
Let's take a look at the summer soups being shared this Saturday.........
- Carrot, Beet Red Apple Soup by Sneha's Recipe
- Chilled Peach Soup with Labneh by Palatable Pastime
- Cucumber Gazpacho by Veggies First Then Dessert
- Fresh Corn Chowder by Pandemonium Noshery
- Fresh Summer Corn Chowder by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Instant Pot Summer Soup by Making Miracles
- Summer Vegetable Soup with Sausage and Lentils by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Zucchini and Summer Squash Soupby A Day in the Life on the Farm
If you're anything like me you spend a lot of hours during the summer looking for ways to use up all the zuchinni and summer squash that seem to take over your garden or your neighbor's garden.
I am happy to share this recipe that I found in Food & Wine. This soup was created by Grant Achatz, a Michelin Star holder whose roots are here in Michigan. Right in the same area in which we live and his family still resides.
The original recipe only used zucchini but I had some summer squash to use up as well so included it in my recipe. Other than that the only adaptations are to technique.
#soup, #chilledsoup, #vegetables, #zucchini, #squash, #glutenfree, #Vegetarian,#easy, #quick,
Soup, Starters, Vegetarian
Yield: 4 servings
Zucchini and Summer Squash Soup
This delicious soup is creamy and silky without any addition of dairy. It is the perfect summer soup using of the extra bounty from your garden. Completely vegan and gluten free, it can be served warm, chilled or at room temperature.
Prep time: 10 MCook time: 25 MTotal time: 35 M
- 1 T. butter
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 lbs. zucchini or summer squash or a combination of each, sliced into 1/4" rounds or half moons
- 2/3 c. vegetable broth
- Melt the butter with the oil in a large sauce pan over medium low heat. Add the onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until fragrant and softened, about 5 minutes. Add the zucchini and squash and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and 1 1/2 c. water to the pot and bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until very soft, about 10 minutes longer.
- Using an immersion blender or heavy duty blender, puree the soup until it is smooth and silky. Return to the pan, taste and season as needed with salt and pepper. This soup can be served hot, chilled or at room temperature.
- Garnish with additional julienned squash if desired.
Inspired by a recipe written by Grant Achatz.
Property of A Day in the Life on the Farm
Created using The Recipes Generator