It's December and that means it is time for Christmas Sweets Week!!
25 bloggers from around the country have come together to share some of their favorite sweet Christmas recipes!! Deck the halls and get ready for very merry sweet treats, like fudge, cookies, Christmas morning breakfasts, layer cakes, cocoa, and more!
Follow along on social media with our #ChristmasSweetsWeek hashtag. Happy Holidays!
Enjoy these #ChristmasSweetsWeek recipes from our bloggers:
Fluffernutter Latte from The Kitchen Prep
Hansel and Gretel Gingerbread Latte from Blogghetti
Mexicoco from YumGoggle
S'mores Hot Chocolate from For the Love of Food
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes from Daily Dish Recipes
Flaky Nutella Christmas Tree from Shockingly Delicious
Gingerbread Sweet Rolls from The Redhead Baker
Grinch Pancakes from Katie's Cucina
Mini Chocolate Peppermint Baked Donuts from It Bakes Me Happy
Christmas Pastries and Desserts:
Angel Sugar Crisps from Jolene's Recipe Journal
Chocolate Cherry Loaf from Seduction In The Kitchen
Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups from Sweet Beginnings
Peppermint Chunk Cookies from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Snowman Cupcakes from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
Toy Soldier Frosted Brownies from Big Bear's Wife
Bourbon Balls from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
Chocolate Peppermint Truffles from Family Around the Table
Christmas Crack (Saltine Toffee) from Palatable Pastime
Gingerbread Fudge from Love and Confections
Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Candy from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Spiced Pecans with a Rum Glaze from Karen's Kitchen Stories
Star Crunch Inspired Bars from Our Good Life
The first sweet that comes to my mind when getting ready for Christmas is cookies. This was the first of many batches of cookies that my Angel Face will help to bake this year. She is a great little measurer and now recognizes the different sizes of cups and spoons for measuring. As a reward for all her hard work she gets to clean the beater with her tongue.
While walking through the grocers I spied a bag of Ghirardelli Peppermint Chunks in a Christmas baking display and couldn't resist grabbing a bag. The recipe I am sharing is adapted from the one on the back of the bag.
What's your favorite Christmas Sweet?
#ChristmasCookies, #baking, #cookies, #holidaybaking, #peppermint, #chocolate,
Desserts, Cookies, Holidays, Christmas
Yield: 30 cookies
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Decadent chocolate cookies filled with chunks of peppermint candy make the perfect Christmas time treat.
prep time: 10 Mcook time: 8 Mtotal time: 18 M
- 6 oz. semisweet baking chocolate
- 1 c. flour
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 6 T. butter, room temperature
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 (12 oz) bag peppermint chunks
How to cook Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Melt the baking chocolate in the microwave using 30 second increments and stirring after each until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In large bowl of stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Add the melted chocolate and vanilla.
- Turn speed to low and add the flour, baking soda and salt, when incorporated, increase speed and mix until blended. Turn the speed to low and fold in the peppermint chunks.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 8 minutes, being careful to not over bake.
Recipe adapted from Ghirardelli Chocolate
Sat. Fat (grams)
Property of A Day in the Life on the Farm
Created using The Recipes Generator