Thursday, December 17, 2015

Naughty and Nice, Chocolate Gingerbread Bundt for #BundtBakers

This month's Bundt Bakers is being hosted by Olivia of Liv for Cake.  Olivia chose Naughty or Nice for the theme.  Her invitation read:

"Sometimes it’s nice to be naughty! Choose one of these directions for your Bundt this month. For "Naughty” think boozy or things like Devil’s Food Cake. "Nice” Bundts can be of the more traditional, innocent kind — Gingerbread, Peppermint, etc. Naughty or Nice, all Bundts should share the flavors of a WINTER HOLIDAY. Happy Holidays!!"
I decided to do a little bit of both so used some gingerbread kahlua in a chocolate cake and added some pumpkin pie spice to oomph it up a bit.


I was happy when a google search for Kahlua cake popped back with my friend Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake and a recipe for Kahlua Bundt Cake that she had made for another of our groups, Sunday Supper.

I did adapt Liz's recipe.  I used a triple chocolate cake mix that included chocolate chips so I didn't have to add them.  I used Gingerbread Kahlua instead of plain and I added some pumpkin pie spice mix to the batter.  It turned out delicious.  Thanks Liv for picking this great theme and thanks Liz for posting this great recipe.  

Chocolate Gingerbread Bundt Cake
adapted from That Skinny Chick Can Bake

1 pkg Triple Chocolate pudding in the cake, cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 c. Gingerbread Kahlua
1 t. pumpkin pie spice mix
1/4 c. canola oil
1 (16 oz) carton sour cream

Beat together all ingredients and pour into a bundt pan that has been sprayed with baking spray. Place in a preheated 350* oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted removes cleanly. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan placed on a cooling rack, before turning out onto the rack to cool completely.  Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.  Print Recipe

More Naughty and Nice Offerings:


BundtBakers

#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving Bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest Board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient.

Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers can be found on our homepage.

26 comments:

  1. What an interesting combination! Sounds delicious! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds yummy. Darian and I stopped at an Amish farm yesterday and purchased a fruit cake. Oh my gosh it is so good!! Hope things are going peaceful at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even know there was such a thing as gingerbread Kahlua! Sounds like a wonderful addition to a Bundt cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a yummy twist, Wendy! I made a version of this for a lunch today---it's SO easy and always a hit! I love your spiced up cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gingerbread kahlua?! I had no idea that was even a thing! Wow, going to need to go find that. Sounds like a delicious flavour combination. So glad you could participate this month, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Wendy, that is some really creative and good looking bundt cake!! Sounds like a divine combination (looove gingerbread, haha). Wishing you a wonderful Christmas!! Xx From Spain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely cake you made Wendy - I love all the festive Holiday touches you added!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebekah, I hope you have a great Christmas with both your kids home in a house that is now all yours!!!

      Delete
  8. Gingerbread Kahlua sounds awesome! And I think this cake would be the best way to enjoy it, too. Happy Holidays, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A perfect Christmas cake. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gonna make myself a Kahlua hot chocolate and I want a big slice of this bundt to go with it. I bake he shoots | #BundtBakers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great minds think alike - we both went with Kahlua. I wish I had been able to find the gingerbread one when it came out but I don't think it ever made it over here. I love the adaptations you made and it sure sounds like a delicious cake.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gingerbread Kahlua? How have I not see this before! I'd love a big ole slice of that cake to go with my coffee this morning, that's for sure. It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We received it as a gift last year. I looked for it this year and haven't been able to find it. I still have about a third of the bottle left so next year is covered but then I will have to do some serious digging around for it.

      Delete
  13. Gingerbread Kahlua? I need to find it and soon. Great cake too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you come across it Renee. We received it as a hosting gift and haven't been able to find it around here.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.