Monday, August 5, 2019

Help! I have no meal plan dinner and the Weekly Menu

What to do when you failed to work on your Weekly Menu as scheduled, it is nearing 6 pm and you have no idea what to make?  This is the quandary in which I found myself tonight.

First I thought to make a quick stir fry but when I went into the freezer to look for shrimp I was disappointed.  However I did find a package of stew meat, frozen solid.  Luckily I have an instant pot and this recipe for Instant Pot Goulash was created.



While the instant pot did it's work I decided I better get a Weekly Menu planned so this doesn't happen again tomorrow night.  Normally I plan and post my Menu on Saturdays but this past Friday knocked us for a loop when Frank had to have emergency surgery and needed to go for his post op check at the office located quite a distance from us.  This meant a 3 hr. round trip plus the time spent in the office.

When we got home Saturday, I threw together BLT's and Corn on the Cob.  Sunday, John and our friend, Gary went to pick up the new grill we bought before the emergency surgery.  When they returned with the grill we had Kirsten and Gary's wife, Jackie, come over and threw some burgers on.

Today was another Dr. appt. when we got home, the Teen wanted to go shopping so back into the car I went.  When I got home the second time I was faced with the dilemma as described above.  So I got to work and here is the Weekly Menu for the rest of the week.

Saturday
BLT sandwiches
Corn on the Cob

Sunday
Grilled Burgers
Kale slaw
Potato Salad
Baked Beans

Monday
Instant Pot Goulash

Taco Tuesday
Turkey Tostadas

Wednesday
Pinchos
Beans and Rice

Thursday
Tea Brined Pork Loin
Mashed potatoes
Pickled Cabbage and Apples

Friday
BBQ Pork Sandwiches (using leftover pork roast)





instant pot, pasta, #goulash, #beef, #onions, #tomatoes
Entrees, Beef, Pasta, Instant Pot,
American
Yield: 4 servings
Author:

Instant Pot Goulash

prep time: 5 Mcook time: 60 Mtotal time: 65 M
Perfect for those nights when you forgot to plan dinner. Frozen stew meat, canned tomatoes and chiles, onion and Italian herbs go into the Instant Pot to make the base for this easy and delicious Goulash. You will be sitting down to dinner in one hour.

ingredients:

  • 1 lb. stew meat, can be frozen
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes with chiles
  • 1 t. dried Italian Seasoning
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1/2 lb. pasta of choice, cooked per package directions
  • Parmesan cheese

instructions:

How to cook Instant Pot Goulash

  1. Place the stew meat, tomatoes with chiles, onion and seasoning into an Instant Pot.  Make sure the vent is closed and press the automatic meats/stew button.  The timer should set automatically to high pressure for 60 seconds. 
  2. When done, allow the pressure to go down for 10 minutes before using the quick release method.  Stir the pasta into the goulash, coating the noodles and breaking up the meat.  
  3. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Calories
334.61
Fat (grams)
8.85
Sat. Fat (grams)
3.50
Carbs (grams)
22.86
Fiber (grams)
2.52
Net carbs
20.34
Sugar (grams)
3.24
Protein (grams)
41.33
Sodium (milligrams)
229.40
Cholesterol (grams)
113.34
Created using The Recipes Generator

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.