Friday, August 18, 2017

Each day should be a celebration. #FrenchWinophiles

French wines don't have to only be for holidays and special occasions.  You can get fabulous wines from France at great prices to enjoy each and every day.

Jason and Jill from L'Occasion has invited us to share our favorite French wine under $20.  Yep, that's right.  We are going to tell you all about some amazing wines that you can enjoy with dinner any time because after all........Each day should be a celebration!!


In this case, we were celebrating our first day home after being gone for a week on an Alaskan Cruise.  The cruise was amazing and we had a great time but we sure did miss our Little Angel Face.
So as soon as we got home, we invited her and Mama to join us for dinner.  We grilled some steaks and everyone knows that nothing goes better with beef than a nice bottle of Bordeaux.


I picked up this bottle at the recommendation of the owner of a wine store I visited while at Eastern Market down in the City.

I was not familiar with this winery so I conducted a little research when I got home.  Chateau Argadens is a new winery, especially by French standards, only opening in 2002.  The estate itself was founded in the 13th century by the noble Argadens family for which it is named.



The Sichel family, who bought the estate, worked extremely hard to "allow the quality of the terroir to be expressed to the full". They only have two wines a red and a white. You can learn all about the Chateau at their website by clicking on their name in the paragraph above.


While on our cruise we had many wonderful meals, including a Chef's Table with 7 courses and 7 wines matched to the courses.  It was an amazing experience that I will be sharing with you very soon.  I don't know if it was the wine, the home cooked meal, the comfort of being surrounded by family or being able to totally relax but this meal topped any of those that we enjoyed on the ship.

I served up the steak with a side of sweet and spicy redskin potatoes and a cauliflower gratin.  The redskin recipe will be shared tomorrow and you can link back to our Birthday Party for Julia Child for the cauliflower dish.

The wine is medium bodied and very smooth.  I think it is a great pour for the price and I intend to head back to the City and pick up some more as well as some of the white to see how that compares to my normal choice of Chardonnay.

Now let's go find some more amazing wine deals with the rest of the Winophiles.......


15 comments:

  1. Nice choice, Wendy! There are plenty of $$$ Bordeaux's but there are also plenty of good, affordable choices too. Looks like you found one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A steak and a good bottle of Bordeaux sounds great Wendy! Isn't it funny that as much as we love to travel, we also enjoy coming home! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that I do. Coming home is often the best part of the trip Martin.

      Delete
  3. A perfect reminder to appreciate the gift of each day. I love how you made coming home from vacation a special event!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a great dinner, a great wine, and an even better homecoming celebration. Cheers, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Affordable wine is the best kind of wine:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing better than a bottle of Bordeaux and a steak! And finding a great deal makes it that much better. Isn't it funny how you can have big fancy meals but sometimes the ones you make at home are so much better? Enjoyed your article Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to go on an Alaskan cruise! This is a wonderfully fun post and I love your grapevine table cloth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The meal and the wine look lovely. I also hope you had a great time on your cruise.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.